Barrie Cassidy vs Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Now Barrie Cassidy (i wouldn't have thought this would be Barrie's area) is at it - ie. Brett Bashing. Makes my blood boil !!. I've posted a comment there under the name Dondiego

but check out this article:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-30/cassidy---heroes-and-villains2c-rehabilitation-and-grudges/3050698

Re Sunday : GO SNAKE !

What an arsehole !!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was about to launch into a tirade, but would be typing for the next hour .... so let's just summarise WHAT AN ARESEHOLE !!!!

It does raise a point though - isnt it weird how if you are 100 % guilty and sometime later you get down on bended knee and apologize you are viewed far more favourably than someone who refuses to apologize and stands his ground.

This whole "say sorry once and everybody moves on" culture perplexes me.

Parts of the article are a bit slanted but I have read worse articles about Brett.

God you guys are touchy (I lose count of how often i say that)

Yes not the overly positive but it is not anywhere near as bad as what else has been written about him...in fact there are a few relevant points in there

lsz said:
God you guys are touchy (I lose count of how often i say that)

Yes not the overly positive but it is not anywhere near as bad as what else has been written about him...in fact there are a few relevant points in there

Cassidy says Snake was 'undeniably drunk'. He unccessarily refers to specifics in the allegations against Brett for which he was found Not Guilty. He says Snake is the 'righteous one' - that is inflammatory.
It basically criticises him for 'not getting on with life', for holding a grudge. I hope Barrie is charged with some kind of inditeable offence (which he is innocent of) and has to live with it and fight it for 2 yrs. and at the same time loses all the joints in his fingers so he cannot type his articles at the same time he is fighting legal battles ! :D:mad:

I've responded under the guise of Harry. I can understand what Barrie is trying to get to but the comparisons with Krakoeur are way off base. Instead of Galloping after a try, Brett should have just bashed the CEO, gone to prison, said his apologies and then he'd be a feel good story.

This time i agree with you Isz. It's not written with the nicest tones but it is hardly character assasination.

Don't you just love how these southerners like Cassidy and Patrick Smith at The Australian, are apparently now experts on rugby league and can write all about it to the knowing masses of the southern states? But usually just as a counterpoint to their opinion pieces about the cross-country code.

Great stuff.

Brookie4eva said:
What an arsehole !!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was about to launch into a tirade, but would be typing for the next hour .... so let's just summarise WHAT AN ARESEHOLE !!!!

With the facial features of a debauched Roman emperor. It's all there in Cassidy's face. The craggy lines and the full head of hair - so often sported by middle-aged drunkards. Funny how they never go bald. Must be something in the alcohol.

The article is disgusting and is itself simply another reason why Snake may no longer come across as quite the carefree, joyous soul he may once have been. The author should be sued. I really hope Brett has a legal team working away somewhere keeping track of all this bs.

My comments are now on the ABC blog under 'Craig M.'

Cassidy's opinion on the subject is coming under intense but considered criticism.

I've commented on the article. Funny, but I didn't notice Cassidy at the trial. I wonder if any of these 'jounos' ever learn. The Andrew Bolt court case should be a warning to all about writing stuff without checking the facts. But I've always wondered why the ABC have this 'Drum' website. It's fairly piss-poor.

DSM5 said:
I've commented on the article. Funny, but I didn't notice Cassidy at the trial. I wonder if any of these 'jounos' ever learn. The Andrew Bolt court case should be a warning to all about writing stuff without checking the facts. But I've always wondered why the ABC have this 'Drum' website. It's fairly piss-poor.

Marvellous comments all over that page now. Do finger joints have "Crucia ligaments" ? these are the ones Barrie needs to lose. ! So then Barrie will have to have full hand re-constructions, and will be out of journalism for at least a year. Lets see how happy he looks then.

Re Sunday : SNAKE will regain a lot of the old joy straight after his 2nd try :D:idea::D. And next year all his speed will come back.

Phantar said:
With the facial features of a debauched Roman emperor. It's all there in Cassidy's face. The craggy lines and the full head of hair - so often sported by middle-aged drunkards. Funny how they never go bald. Must be something in the alcohol.

Well thanks a bloody lot. I just poured a beer after combing my good head of hair.

I think the most relevant point is, why does he even make this comparison at all?? 2 very different cases handled very differently. I think Brett is the better man than a rehabilitated thug.

My comment as follows (and they have published it!):

Great argument about how it is better to bash somebody so badly that they spend 2 weeks in intensive care than to be wrongfully accused of being drunk (I'm not sure where you got 'undeniably' from Baz, given that he denied it all along. You must have been reading - and believing - too many made up newspaper stories) and wrongfully accused of sexual assault.

Next time can you write a piece about how white is black?

Dan79 said:
I think the most relevant point is, why does he even make this comparison at all?? 2 very different cases handled very differently. I think Brett is the better man than a rehabilitated thug.

Exactly - the AFL guy was judged guilty and is repenting.

Brett was cleared and has nothing to repent for.

Drunkeness at Bars is a National Sport in Oz. Daily, guys boast about being 'wasted' and others pat them on the back for their endurance.
Carney, Lockyer, Thurston.. were raving drunk and NOT suspended by the NRL inspite of being 'faces' of the Game.

The Media's relentless attempts at derailing the Manly Team and Club is bordering on hysteria.

Lets see the amount of coverage the worthy GF win by Manly will receive next week.

Go Manly!

Terrible comparison. But maybe that's his point? Cracka's being treated like a hero after bashing a guy to the brink of death; while Stewart's still being treated like a leper after consuming a few beers while breaking no laws and in all likelihood being the victim.

Maybe he's having a dig at the media and the public in general. But, probably not.

Nice comments on the ABC blog DSM Phantar and Marcus - you roped a dope nicely!

How many of us could have held up mentally under such extreme media and general pressure if subjected to the same circumstances as Brett I wonder??

Wishing Brett Stewart and Manly all the very best in sunday's grand final!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6