Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Barrett's Bulldogs

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Reaction score
Would help if he had decent players around him rather than blame him!!! I thought he was going quite well at the Roosters before they dumped him & now SuperCoach Barrett decides to make Flanagan the scapegoat for his own poor coaching…..
Yeah his kicks in general play have been pretty ordinary tho... and it went next level bad last Sunday...

He had like 4 attacking kicks inside the 20 and I dont think any of them even made the in-goal (and one was like 3m over the sideline on the full)...

He is not Robinson crusoe out there but Baz was right to hook him and he needs to get some confidence back in reserves imo...

Wakeham back this week and will be interesting to see how he goes because he has gone through a similar (but not as high profile) loss of form previously...

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Reaction score
Would help if he had decent players around him rather than blame him!!! I thought he was going quite well at the Roosters before they dumped him & now SuperCoach Barrett decides to make Flanagan the scapegoat for his own poor coaching…..
Yeah I didn’t think he was terrible at Easts either. He’s playing ordinary at dogs but so is there whole team! I don’t really understand the logic tho in dropping your main half. I’d think it be better just to play through the slump in form and share the load a bit more with the 6.

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Famous last words ......

Kyle Flanagan signs with Bulldogs on monster three-year deal

Trent Barrett has a huge opinion of Flanagan, who was let go by the Roosters despite helping the club to week two of the finals in his first season with the tricolours.

The former Test and NSW State of Origin half, the playmaker believes his game can go to the next level.

The moral of the story..........

The over rated Trent has done what he does best and has taken his major off season signing to the next level demoralizing him and demoting him to NSW cup level

Last edited:

BOZO

Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
He has taken the Bulldogs club to an all time low!
Master of destruction.
This Bulldog CEO article was in the beginning of the year full of promise and high hopes the Master of Disaster Trent would Bring to the Bulldogs

The Bulldog CEO fool should have known it would also the beginning of the end for the Bulldogs.........

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to sign someone of the quality of Flanagan:

It is fantastic news for our Members and fans that we have been able to add someone of the class of Kyle to our squad.
He is a quality all-round footballer, who will bring game management and a strong kicking component to our halves, as well as having the potential to grow as a player under Trent Barrett and his coaching staff.

We are putting together a squad that has the right qualities and everyone is excited about getting back together for the pre-season in what we believe is a new beginning for the club.

We can't wait for Kyle to be a part of that."

BOZO

Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
In one of my posts I was talking about weaknesses in characters

One was to start feeling sorry for our selves

Another weakness in ones Character is

Weak people make excuses

Strong people become accountable . They roll up their sleeves and start accomplishing

Trent is blaming his marquee off season singing . The one he said had so much potential and ability . Where is Trents accountability in bringing the best out of him ?

As usual Trent has no accountability and is losing his credibility

Trent is very popular with the media as they always over see his flaws and always pump him up

Those media fools are pumping up a flat tire

ManEagle

Bencher
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
After reading through the last few pages maybe this thread should be renamed Limp Biscuit.
Have read more soft c0ck quotes than an urologist deals with.

In one of my posts I was talking about weaknesses in characters
And the other 20 post about soft c0cks @:p :rofl:
I get it you like hard ones better....

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Reaction score
Where was this sympathy when Flanagan was dropped several times by the Roosters last year, then kicked out of the club with a year left on his contract?

Kevinward777

First Grader
Reaction score
I think the true test for Twenty will be in 2022.

So I’ll let my opinion rest until then.

He’ll have some very good players on deck then so it’ll be a far better judge of how he’s going.
Why? He failed while coaching Penrith's record setting Toyota Cup team - then he failed at Manly. Now, after adding Cotric, Allen, Flanagan, Hetherington, Stimson and with Thompson available - he's taken the Dogs backwards from where they were last year. How does Barrett get yet ANOTHER pass? What has he EVER achieved as a coach?

Meanwhile, actual coaches who have won premierships are feeling the heat. Guys who's team's are sitting above Teflon Trent on the ladder.

Barrett's Bulldogs are stone motherless last. It's mind boggling to me how the media and general public at large continue giving him more time. Maybe it is the old adage that a broken clock is right twice a day, who knows?

He has started this campaign with the best facilities, plenty of coaching support, and an open cheque book. It has amounted to him achieving the WORST record by any Canterbury side since their inaugural season.

His winning record as a coach is pathetic. The other coaches must shake their heads in wonderment.

The Manly Tragic

Tragic
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Will then be further excuses in 2022 as to why judgment should be deferred to 2023? He has been at the helm for 82 first grade games with only 30 wins at 36.6%. Hardly inspiring in my book. This record is going to get worse by seasons end at around 30%. Can't see him keeping the job post 2022. Clearly the dogs don't consider it a results driven business.

ManEagle

Bencher
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
I think the true test for Twenty will be in 2022.

So I’ll let my opinion rest until then.

He’ll have some very good players on deck then so it’ll be a far better judge of how he’s going.
Yes I understand your reasons. If your going to give him that leeway then if he can't improve the dogs position with the players coming in 2022 he should be judged harsher than any other coach.
Surely the media love affair would have to see through Mr Charisma then

Kevinward777

First Grader
Reaction score
Can see The Kennel have some Barrett haters, but Twitter Bulldogs fans seem to mostly be pro-Baz!
Hardly surprising - after all - there is still a contingent of Manly supporters who will praise Barrett at any perceived opportunity.

The pro Baz crowd seem to believe that Trent is responsible for assembling our current roster. They also claim he was responsible for taking it to the man - Sean Penn - in this instance. They are never prepared to discuss Trent's historical failings in any detail.

The Manly Warringah Barrett sympathisers also appear to be the first to stick the boot into Des. Our very own two-time premiership winning coach. Perhaps their brains are not evolving.

Last edited:

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Reaction score
The Manly Warringah Barrett sympathisers also appear to be the first to stick the boot into Des. Our very own two-time premiership winning coach. Perhaps their brains are not evolving.
there are plenty who just expect Des to be held to the same level of account as Twent too KW...

injuries have been Des' best friend after he refused to play Schuster, Harper, Hopoate, Olakatau, Sipley last year whilst watching us lose week, after week, after week for 3 months...

Schuster debuted in Round 17 despite being hyped up since the start of year and our team having lost 8 of 10 games since Round 8!!

Despite our despicable efforts in the last half of the season, Tof never got a game in 2020 despite playing 10 games in 2019... even R1 this year he picked Gosiewski, Boyle and Funa in our starting side whilst leaving out Sips, Guac and Harper who had all shown ability in limited opportunities...

yet he got a free ride by many.... now, if that had of been Twent.....

BOZO

Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
After reading through the last few pages maybe this thread should be renamed Limp Biscuit.
Have read more soft c0ck quotes than an urologist deals with.

And the other 20 post about soft c0cks @:p :rofl:
I get it you like hard ones better....
You are nearly... but not quite as mad as I am feathered friend :)

BOZO

Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Can see The Kennel have some Barrett haters, but Twitter Bulldogs fans seem to mostly be pro-Baz!
Interesting that the Twitter Bulldogs fans seem mostly to be Baz- Pro

What do they have to Crow about ?

The Dogs season on record is their worst season in their clubs History so far

The moral of the story......

The Twitter......... Twiddly Dee....... Tweedle Dumb........ Bulldogs fans have lost the plot !

Kevinward777

First Grader
Reaction score
there are plenty who just expect Des to be held to the same level of account as Twent too KW...

injuries have been Des' best friend after he refused to play Schuster, Harper, Hopoate, Olakatau, Sipley last year whilst watching us lose week, after week, after week for 3 months...

Schuster debuted in Round 17 despite being hyped up since the start of year and our team having lost 8 of 10 games since Round 8!!

Despite our despicable efforts in the last half of the season, Tof never got a game in 2020 despite playing 10 games in 2019... even R1 this year he picked Gosiewski, Boyle and Funa in our starting side whilst leaving out Sips, Guac and Harper who had all shown ability in limited opportunities...

yet he got a free ride by many.... now, if that had of been Twent.....
The way I see it is as follows.
-No NSW Cup wreaked havoc last season, making it harder to bring players into the squad.
-Toff ain't the fittest guy at the best of times.
-Guac was always in line for a callup this season, but with Turbo out, Des opted to go with experience to kick off the season.
-Schuster was nineteen.
-Des has coaching credit in the bank in the form of fifteen final series and two premierships. Baz has been a miserable failure at three different clubs.
-Baz quit on his players, then attempted to claim the kudos for our successful 2019 season.
-Des has the fourth best win percentage of any of the current coaches.
-Baz has the worst win percentage of any of the current coaches - of any coach in memory to be fair.
-Only Bellamy, Robinson, and Bennett have a better win percentage. All three have ALWAYS coached teams stacked with representative players.
-Des rebuilt Manly and Canterbury from the ashes of failure.
-Des has made five GF's as a coach.
-Baz has made no GF's as a coach.
-After round four Des said "we'll fix this just you wait and see." We have only suffered the one loss to Penrith since.
-Baz is making excuses AGAIN!
-Des is loyal.
-Baz throws players under a bus.
-@Woodsie was bleating like a bloated Ram five weeks ago.
-@Woodsie is a silent wittle lamb now.
-Des is Manly!

Last edited:

Kevinward777

First Grader
Reaction score
If Trent Barrett v Des Hasler was a boxing matchup based on their statistics - no boxing commission anywhere in the world would allow it to go forward.

Barrett would die in the ring.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 13 2 344 26
15 13 2 311 26
14 11 3 105 24
14 11 3 176 22
14 9 5 122 20
13 7 6 33 16
15 7 8 -11 14
14 6 8 -44 14
14 6 8 -121 14
14 5 9 -66 12