Barrett on 2sm radio now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
summary

Re Matai & Stewart?
"It took some managing last year - both had passion to play but their bodies not agreeing...
This time I've had time knowing they probably wouldn't be back - planned for Tom, and got some centres.

Green?
"Has proved his worth - last year we lacked another half & DCE had injuries. He joining well with Api Cherry Tom

Brian Kelly has some hype - we likely to see much of him?
"Yes you will. An opportunity for him at left centre. Kelly and Jono will each have a half a game in the trial - both done well so far. Jono is a professional.

Hastings?
"A late pickup, I've known a long time, a second chance for him, fresh start. Hasn't done too much training because of ankle surgery, but will get a go late in our trial. He plays many positions.

Trial v Roosters - the purpose?
"I want to win, try to drill it to the boys that we always want to win, it builds confidence. I will pick our strongest side, bar couple of injured, Lussick, M Wright. all the players need game time, it will be full on

Siro?
"He has done everything right, a real professional . He has a pint to prove (a few of ours have). He got a bit comfortable at tigers. He's a big bloke, and skilful. I have had my eye on him for a long time. Manly had Glen Stewart on right edge, he will take that role this year.

Goalkicker?
"DCE, Dylan, Kelly, a number are practising. We have a rugby union kicking coach drilling the players.

AFB?
"Has worked hard, has dropped weight, could become a kiwi rep down the track.

The pressure as a coach?
"Yes it is different than as a player. More control over a game when playing. As coach, the pressure is relentless. Enjoyed it, even last year. The club is in a transitional phase, and a big player turnover last 18 months. I'm a lot more settled this year, and I know the players more too.

Myles?
"He struggled last year with his body - at that age, we have to look after him a bit. Played his best in trial last week, hurt them with his tackles.

He said DCE and Brian Kelly are having kicking duals, and Daly is kicking well. Also Sironen will be running off DCEs edge, so he is expecting good things from him, he actually mentioned Glen Stewart in the same breath. 20 sounds positive about the year, and has a bit of depth this year. Sounded to me Kelly is a big shot at centre, but he mentioned Jono Wright hasneengoing great there. Everyone will get some game time in this trial, and positions are hotly contested. 20 mentioned Matty Wright and Lussick being injured, and it sounded like both had starting spots when fit. All in all, he sounded pretty upbeat, and he and the team want to rip into the Roosters this week! That's all I got lol.

Sounds like lies, I have read many times on here from the experts that Stewart just didn't care last year from people who would know far more than the coach.

Not a bad little insight into some of his thinking.

Half a game each sounds very promising for Kelly who will pay a full 80 with the second half against the big boys. Looks like a test from Trent to see how well he goes under fatigue and to make sure he has a full 80 in him.

TT had that issue last year even before his injury - would fade away in the second in attack and very much defense and get caught out of position.

He didn't say M Wright is in the team, he said he was playing his strongest side for the trial, except that some are injured, and mentioned Matt and Lussick. I get the impression left centre is wide open, Kelly can snatch it but he hasn't got it yet.

Btw not sure of the logic of saying publicly we are going out to win a trial. What happens if we get smashed? Better to say it's just a trial in public, whilst telling the boys to get stuck in behind closed doors. Just sets us up for a fall. We now can't downplay a loss.
Yes and no. It seems a number of players will be swapped in and out of the team from Blacktown - which won't happen in a real game. Still, it puts a bit of pressure on the boys which is something they will have to handle during the season.

summary

Re Matai & Stewart?
"It took some managing last year - both had passion to play but their bodies not agreeing...
This time I've had time knowing they probably wouldn't be back - planned for Tom, and got some centres.

Green?
"Has proved his worth - last year we lacked another half & DCE had injuries. He joining well with Api Cherry Tom

Brian Kelly has some hype - we likely to see much of him?
"Yes you will. An opportunity for him at left centre. Kelly and Jono will each have a half a game in the trial - both done well so far. Jono is a professional.

Hastings?
"A late pickup, I've known a long time, a second chance for him, fresh start. Hasn't done too much training because of ankle surgery, but will get a go late in our trial. He plays many positions.

Trial v Roosters - the purpose?
"I want to win, try to drill it to the boys that we always want to win, it builds confidence. I will pick our strongest side, bar couple of injured, Lussick, M Wright. all the players need game time, it will be full on

Siro?
"He has done everything right, a real professional . He has a pint to prove (a few of ours have). He got a bit comfortable at tigers. He's a big bloke, and skilful. I have had my eye on him for a long time. Manly had Glen Stewart on right edge, he will take that role this year.

Goalkicker?
"DCE, Dylan, Kelly, a number are practising. We have a rugby union kicking coach drilling the players.

AFB?
"Has worked hard, has dropped weight, could become a kiwi rep down the track.

The pressure as a coach?
"Yes it is different than as a player. More control over a game when playing. As coach, the pressure is relentless. Enjoyed it, even last year. The club is in a transitional phase, and a big player turnover last 18 months. I'm a lot more settled this year, and I know the players more too.

Myles?
"He struggled last year with his body - at that age, we have to look after him a bit. Played his best in trial last week, hurt them with his tackles.
Thanks for that, great summary.

For those that listened that was a really great interview. I like what I heard, but realise there's no pleasing some.

I think the reference to managing snake (and Matai) last year might have been lost on some of you. Injured or not when TBaz cut the snake the team played for him. Injuries crueled the last part of our season but the players turned up every game after that.

after reading that I think I am beginning t like TB's attitude,i will hold off bagging him for a while because I reckon we have the combination this season to have a crack
thankyou jesus;) and bozo for a good start to 2017

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8