Barrett had one game plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
DCE looked much better playing next to Walker tbh. I wouldn't be unhappy to see Dylan back in the halves and Hodko playing off the bench. Our problem appears to be that extra depth when making plays. Forwards don't get time to run on to the ball and the halves get caught with the ball too often. When Walker was 5/8, DCE was forced to take the ball further back which gave him a lot more time to ball play while Dylan had the pace to be able to run sideways and then straighten the attack without getting caught.
Right on there !!!
We should have banked 4 pts from these last 2 games Trent knows it and so do we, now he's in a quandary as to what to do.
Solution ?,
Walkz to 5/8 Hodko to the bench !,

Give captaincy to Jake or Api

Big calls need to be made will he do it though ?
i reckon he has no choice.
Trent man up!!!..forget playing Mr nice guy:devil::devil:

Other than the obvious lack of team structure, game plans and defence, my biggest issue with Barrett's coaching is the lack of quality use of our back rowers.

Unfortunately Barrett as a coach see's them how it was with him as a player. Back when Trent was playing, his back rowers were used more as defensive workhorses (which also meant TB didn't have to do a lot of tough defence himself) and they saw very little quality ball to show their worth.

We have some very good running back rowers in this first grade squad. Thommo, Lane, Siro (when not injured), even Frank when he gets off his arse and actually runs the ball. But they are rarely used to their strengths. Even when Marty Taupau first came here and was in our back row for most of 2016, he was rarely used to run the ball, just as a defensive workhorse.

If you've got the talent there to run the damn ball, then let them run. We don't use our back rowers even remotely to their strengths.

To that end, Barrett is more suited to being a halves or backs coach rather than an actual head coach because the reality is he has no idea what the forwards can do other than hit ups and tackling.

To that end, Barrett is more suited to being a halves or backs coach rather than an actual head coach.

Respectfully agree with all but this bit mate.

He has proved he is not suited to coaching at all, yet.

Our backs probably make a lot less impact than our forwards, week in week out.

Our 2, 3, 4 & 5 never get clean ball so he is hardly a halves or backs coach either.

Other than the obvious lack of team structure, game plans and defence, my biggest issue with Barrett's coaching is the lack of quality use of our back rowers.

Unfortunately Barrett as a coach see's them how it was with him as a player. Back when Trent was playing, his back rowers were used more as defensive workhorses (which also meant TB didn't have to do a lot of tough defence himself) and they saw very little quality ball to show their worth.

We have some very good running back rowers in this first grade squad. Thommo, Lane, Siro (when not injured), even Frank when he gets off his arse and actually runs the ball. But they are rarely used to their strengths. Even when Marty Taupau first came here and was in our back row for most of 2016, he was rarely used to run the ball, just as a defensive workhorse.

If you've got the talent there to run the damn ball, then let them run. We don't use our back rowers even remotely to their strengths.

To that end, Barrett is more suited to being a halves or backs coach rather than an actual head coach because the reality is he has no idea what the forwards can do other than hit ups and tackling.
Most of your criticism at Barrett is valid but I'd have to say our backrowers have become much more involved in attack in the last few weeks since DCE has started floating to both sides of the ruck. Thommo and Lane were making over 100m a game recently and Siro has always had more than a few touches of the ball when playing on DCE's side.

Agreed, highly overrated. I never thought he was any good.

I actually saw him play live once back in 2009 when Cronulla played Nth Qld at Hindmarsh Stadium here in Adelaide.

Cronulla got spanked and Thurston won via a TKO. Barrett had very little influence on the game.

For the record, that day the Cows were 15th on the ladder, the Sharks (with Ricky Stuart as coach) were 16th.

The similarities between that day and last night, other than he was a player then an alleged coach now, are remarkable. Coincidentally that was the last game I attended. I refuse to go watch the Chooks vs Storm because put simply, I hate both.

On the point of using back rowers for running, I noticed something last night that seemed a little odd. It appeared to me that DCE was overly keen to use Cheapshot Jetski as a runner off him. I could be wrong, but I noticed Jetski getting quite a lot of ball in attack, and I was asking myself why they seemed so keen to use him as a runner, especially when Marty seemed to be under-utilized (particularly early in the game).

Against Barrett's style of coaching (it would seem), DCE actually likes to give his second rowers the ball to run with from time to time.

Walkz will be out for another 4 or so weeks and what on earth would Hodko bring from the bench? Drinks?@:(
Fresh players coming off the bench isn't a bad thing ,it's a tactic coaches use to wrestle back momentum , etc.
If the game is in the balance Hodko coming off the bench would be the ideal (smart) player to carry out what ever instructions the coach felt necessary to win.
Your right Walkz is out !
Ok ,forget about Walkz !
So what if we played Tom Wright first up ??
My point is a young enthusiastic pair of legs is better then a suspect pair?
He played great in that under 20s final 2017.

Obviously It would take balls to make that call, but Hodko coming off the bench
IMO would be better value.

But !! ,With tough games ahead this is just wishful thinking on my part :tmi:

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10