Barrett had one game plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
It’s now obvious that Trent only has one game plan. We virtually did nothing with the ball the entire game. Every set was about trying to bust them up the middle. Usually we go up the middle, and then spread the ball on tackle three or four. I understand his thinking tonight because the Cows were missing five starting forwards. But when it became clear it wasn’t working, instead of trying to use the ball we just persisted, even when we were chasing points. Matt Wright’s passing whenever we had space was absolutely appalling, and it shows that Tom Wright needs to be given a shot. The worst part of all this, is that we actually had some good performances amongst all the rabble. But DCE wasn’t even first grade standard and Matt Wright killed any attack we might have had when used in a backline play, aaaaaaand our kicking performance was the worst I’ve seen from a first grade side in a long time.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Exactly how it played out and tbh, to blow them up in the ruck and play off the back of it can work.
Instead they simply turned it back inside to awaiting defenders without moving them around....basically running into 3 defenders who had easy control of the tackle and slowing any momentum.
Playing up the middle includes attacking the edge.... not this inside ball to a stuttering forward who is thinking offload before yardage- reverse thinking.
The best they looked was when the trio of Taufua, Uate and Suli went 1-2-3 playing direct and after contact showed energy to get the defence backpedaling.
The reliance on the T Bros is sad , as the attack offers almost nothing without them, besides the desperation Kapow offloads and Thompson/ Lane on the edges.
The kicking game was also poor.

double hoops

First Grader
Our forwards just didn't put in.

But DCE's regression the last couple of weeks really concerns me.

I actually think DCE looked at his best when forced to be an organising half when Walker was at 6.

Hogkinson looks fine.

So I can't explain why DCE looks so bad, when he is just playing a running half on the right? You would think DCE is the new half not Hodgko.

Problems aplenty

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
That is the lowest performance by a Manly team that i have witnessed in many a year. No one it that side had a real go. Nth Qld were terrible (except for one guy). We were horrible. A sad day and still have that spoon hanging over our heads.

Farking woeful boys, not that I beleive you read this stuff.. but you were farking terrible

Kevinward777

First Grader
What about when the cameras went to Turbo and Jake after another sh1t DCE kick when we were chasing points. You could tell they were thinking what an overpaid myth he is. Chez will probably kill it next week, but it’s too little too late. He is not anywhere close to the elite halves in the NRL.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Walker was really good in the six against the Rorters, Broncos and Storm. The last time we scored a try in the opposition twenty via a half putting a player through a hole was against the Broncos. And the player who threw the pass was Dylan Walker

Tomay

Bencher
The worst part is that they spent the end of the game trying to run around them. They only spread the ball after slow play the balls or after Api threw a million dummies and let the defence set.

double hoops

First Grader
What about when the cameras went to Turbo and Jake after another sh1t DCE kick when we were chasing points. You could tell they were thinking what an overpaid myth he is. Chez will probably kill it next week, but it’s too little too late. He is not anywhere close to the elite halves in the NRL.

Apparently Bulldogs players get paid plenty and look how it has them playing?

The Manly "Immortal " Cliffy Lyons (yes it is deliberate.) The Magic hands was once playing hooker in Maroon and white, and all the talk was about who could partner Toovs in the halves. Exit Lowe enter Bozo.

DCE could be the closest thing to Cliffy we have seen since 1987.

But the last two weeks, he hasn't been good enough to play at Blacktown.

Who knows what's going on. He is human. But something is doing.

north coast eagle

Reserve Grader
I thought that it was the worst performance by a teams spine I have seen for several years. Api seemed indecisive and his passing was poor from dummy half. Hogkinson was slow and lazy in defence. Wright missed opportunities to put his outside backs away and DCE just dosen't seem to be able to take control of a game anymore.

XV-1

First Grader
I’ve been doing game plans / tactics for 2 NRL clubs for nearly 10 years ( because I get paid for it) and I can tell you Trent has NO game plan - NO tactics . For starters he isn’t smart enough.
He just relies on individuals to play off the cuff.

Got any free tips if Trent can read this? @:cool:

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Every key opposition player, every game looks threatening.
I was thinking it was a case of Manly being unlucky they “just happen” to find form against them.
Truth is in a lack of intensity and pressure, giving these key players more time and space to play to their strengths.
It is becoming more predictable than disappointing as it reoccurs almost every week.
Unless Manly can control the tempo of opposition attack at least a little better, things look grim.
The attack looked slow and lethargic and after the opposition have dominated the ruck and put in a half decent kick with energetic chase, this is often the case.
Out enthused, outmuscled and out thought....again.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I’ve been doing game plans / tactics for 2 NRL clubs for nearly 10 years ( because I get paid for it) and I can tell you Trent has NO game plan - NO tactics . For starters he isn’t smart enough.
He just relies on individuals to play off the cuff.

I'm starting to believe that because when you look at our tries since the start of 2016, most come from individual brilliance, usually from either Tommy, Walks or (other than tonight) DCE - and all 3 were missing tonight even though someone fitting Cherry's general description was out there in the #7 jumper. Actual plays seem to be nothing more than one of the halves doing a hand-off to a forward for a nothing hit up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16