Barrett/Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

TimmyQ

Bencher
I'd give Barrett 2017 to prove himself but I'd vote to get rid of Cartwright in an instant. I've never rated the guy.
Agreed . Cartwright is an under achiever who gets gigs based on who he knows not what he knows. His coaching record in any capacity is appalling. Didn't he score an assistant gig with the Blues next year??? I would have thought given what a horrendous 2016 we had he would have politely declined the offer and announced to us the fans he wanted to focus his all in getting Manly his primary employer successful again. But no, he is a coin chasing embarrassment who should be sitting in a Centrelink office rather than a coaches box.

I think you just finished 7 straight Zambuca shots....
Barrett has loads to prove....but needs a team without 1000 injuries in key positions to prove if good or not
He will never pull our squad together, I am just facing reality. Always love to be proven wrong, but players are not coming here. That means they question the roster and the coaches.
I think he would make a fantastic assistant coach! But he is on ****ing L plates. He got very little out of our fringe players last year.
We need Des back, simple as that.....can't believe I want the rat back, but you cannot question his results and he satisfies the ex Manly legend coach criteria. I reckon the Pennsters want him back also

He will never pull our squad together, I am just facing reality. Always love to be proven wrong, but players are not coming here. That means they question the roster and the coaches.
I think he would make a fantastic assistant coach! But he is on ****ing L plates. He got very little out of our fringe players last year.
We need Des back, simple as that.....can't believe I want the rat back, but you cannot question his results and he satisfies the ex Manly legend coach criteria. I reckon the Pennsters want him back also

I thought he got a hell of a lot out of Vave. Really turned him around.

Also thought he did a decent job bring AFB through.

When fringe players are being expected to play the roles of players on 5 times the money amd a lot more experience, due to injuries, its hard to extract the best from them. The fringe players need to be used sparingly and in patches. Not for the bulk of a season in key positions. Williame case in point.

When fringe players are being expected to play the roles of players on 5 times the money amd a lot more experience, due to injuries, its hard to extract the best from them. The fringe players need to be used sparingly and in patches. Not for the bulk of a season in key positions. Williame case in point.
Manly have a good reputation for doing this in the past. Vave was a bludger in defence.
I think we did OK given injuries, but I actually went to the games, and they looked a rabble in defence, especially out wide. AFB very good young player

Manly have a good reputation for doing this in the past. Vave was a bludger in defence.
I think we did OK given injuries, but I actually went to the games, and they looked a rabble in defence, especially out wide. AFB very good young player

Yeah take your point mate. But I'd also suggest if defence was a rabble then Siebold is more likely the one to blame there.
Of course defence is an attotude thing so the head coach definitely has some accountability there.
But if defensive structures are an issue, the defensive coach is predominantly to blame.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member

I agree and Darcy has gone from being maligned to possible State of Origin next year. I also get the feeling the team were all pulling in the same direction last season for the first time in ages.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I'm still prepared to give Barrett the benefit of a doubt. As said, Haslers first year was terrible, his second marginally better. He had several of the players who would become champion players such as the Stewart brothers, Watmough, King, Menzies, Donald, Hopoate as well as Bruce Walker and Albert Torrens, not great players but competent. And he didnt have the injury impact of 2016.

Barrett has a team in rebuilding phase. He's not going to create miracles. And I dont think Hasler would have done much better with the problems they had in '16 (maybe would have ensured Walker stayed at centre earlier). I want to see this guy with a reasonable stable of players and not too many injuries. He's got a fine reputation with the 'experts', he seems to have a good relationship with the players, and he's made a big step up to being a first grade coach and therefore is learning his trade. Hasler needed a few years to learn the tricks. Barrett seems to have potential. He may fail but lets give him a serious chance first. As for Cartwright, he's had his chances and has come up empty. Exit stage left

Yeah take your point mate. But I'd also suggest if defence was a rabble then Siebold is more likely the one to blame there.
Of course defence is an attotude thing so the head coach definitely has some accountability there.
But if defensive structures are an issue, the defensive coach is predominantly to blame.
He can't do it for them though. Obviously the mental toughness was not there. He has bailed now anyway

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Bozo is the man! Bozo didn't employ BAZ, you can thank others for that. TB assistant coach
Not disagreeing with some of the concerns you have raised @Wombat Legacy but Bozo was involved in enlisting Trent Barrett to Manly.

For those that missed it the first time, the story below is an interesting insight into Bozo's recent involvement with our club (especially where it confirms he was not involved in the Toovey decision and his thoughts on us potentially losing both DCE and Foz)......

SMH - Andrew Webster March 3 2016:

How Bob Fulton put the Manly Sea Eagles back together again

Link:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...gles-back-together-again-20160303-gn9bwv.html

Not disagreeing with some of the concerns you have raised @Wombat Legacy but Bozo was involved in enlisting Trent Barrett to Manly.

For those that missed it the first time, the story below is an interesting insight into Bozo's recent involvement with our club (especially where it confirms he was not involved in the Toovey decision and his thoughts on us potentially losing both DCE and Foz)......

Link:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...gles-back-together-again-20160303-gn9bwv.html
Well I guess Bozo will have to wear it then.

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car

Link:

This is one of the articles that show that 2016 was never meant to be a rebuilding season. We were sold on how great a job everyone at the club had done. But then we finish 13th and owners go quiet and "oh what did you expect, Barrett is a rookie and we've gotta rebuild this club".
The thing the blows me away is that Barrett clearly got this job because he's charming. If coaches submitted blind resumes for jobs Barrett's would've been glanced at and thrown in the bin. I can't wait for him to go. Seeing him in Manly gear makes me sick.

HoldenV8

Journey Man

Can't argue with that. Yes Vave did well when he came on and ran the ball against a tiring defence, but his size actually counted against him in defence because his sideways movement is slower than a wet week with only re-runs of Murder She Wrote to pass the time.

And I agree, I think AFB has more potential.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
This is one of the articles that show that 2016 was never meant to be a rebuilding season. We were sold on how great a job everyone at the club had done. But then we finish 13th and owners go quiet and "oh what did you expect, Barrett is a rookie and we've gotta rebuild this club".
The thing the blows me away is that Barrett clearly got this job because he's charming. If coaches submitted blind resumes for jobs Barrett's would've been glanced at and thrown in the bin. I can't wait for him to go. Seeing him in Manly gear makes me sick.

IIRC we were basically told that after the disaster of 2015 and after Tooves got the boot, that we were recruiting aggressively in a bid to get back to the top straight away, none of this 5 year plan crap. We are Manly and we demand success, not rebuilding.....was one of the lines I recall being used.

And when you look at our 3 biggest recruits it backs that up. Walker was an Aussie test player while Taupau and Brown were Kiwi internationals.

It was only when the injuries started to hit and we were losing more than we won that the stories started to come out that we were in a rebuilding phase.

wescliffy

Reserve Grader
Mate, the way I saw Barrett react at certain points this past season made me realize he's one of us. He's uber passionate about winning and our form.

Give him time.

Cartwright on the other hand, laughing after losses. Laughing when Barrett is ropeable. I've been to Brooky & have literally seen Barrett walking out with what appeared to be smoke coming from his ears he was that intense after a loss. Cartwright was having a great old time with his buddies.

Know what, and this is just my opinion, if Barrett went:
Trent Barrett (Head Coach)
David Penna (Assistant Coach)
Donny Singe (Strength & Conditioning)
& bring back that lady who was the social media manager who at least used to interact with us. She was outstanding. I'm sure Wayne is a good bloke, but he's a Tiger.

While I'm on a roll:
Geoff Toovey offered a roll of CEO (under the proviso Peter Peters steps down), and The Penn family write a 2 page letter of apology in how he was treated.

Things would have been much, much more settled. Cartwright & the other clown from the Titans Ferris though - Yuck ! They've brought that Titans culture with them, where losing is not only tolerated, but it's just part of their make-up. They can take Myles with them.
Yes agree with most here and in addition Bozo has to to step away from player recruitment he has done very little in that area with SOO and I can't see it changing with us at the moment some poor decisions already

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13