Barrett’s bombshell for Manly fans!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Our coach admitting that he has NFI

Maybe he can invite To
ovey back to help him out?

Rookie coach admits club is in a state of “despair”, invites all and sundry to training
getimage.aspx

TRENT BARRETT IS HURTING. Probably even more so than the half of his team that’s sidelined with every injury under the sun.

But in his debut year as an NRL head coach, Barrett isn’t feeling sorry for himself. Instead, he’s feeling for the Sea Eagles’ fans.

“I didn’t take the Manly job realising that a club with a history of winning could decline into a state of despair,” he says. “I’ve had to deal with a vast range of issues including injuries to players that are our match-winners.

“The NRL is fiercely competitive and you don’t blood players overnight when you’re in the midst of an injury crisis.

“I’m not offering excuses for our form. This is a transition period for Manly and there’ll be tough corners to navigate on the way back.

“I have a core group of young people who will, given time, provide Manly with the substance it lacked against the Titans [in round 15]. I don’t ever want to see the dummy-half position vacant, as it was that night. That was really slack.”

Barrett is also more than willing to respond to the fans who are baying for his blood. The club did well but still fell to a seventh defeat on the trot against the Cowboys last Monday night. A loss to the Dragons in round 17 would equal Manly’s worst ever losing streak of eight.

“I invite any fan to come to see our training sessions. Brookvale Oval is open house to any fan who may be thinking I’m not preparing the team the right way,” Barrett says.

Asked how he feels about Brett Stewart’s form, Barrett is reluctant to comment, but after our conversation,

RLW gets the impression he’d like the 31-year-old to declare his future today rather than later.

This is a player who has won games for the Sea Eagles with a huge repertoire of attacking skills and bruising hip-high defence. But it now appears Stewart has had enough.

As for Barrett, he’s signed a three-year deal and has the support of people who matter at Manly.

Club legend and RLW Immortal Bob Fulton and Sea Eagles director Peter Peters have pledged their support by offering the 38-year-old all the help they can muster.

The two household names won’t be recommending any change in coach.
http://www.pressreader.com/australia/rugby-league-week/textview

Train with a referee like Penriff are now doing. The offside, hand on ball, laying on tackled player and not marking up square penalties may then stop :rock:

We believe that the players are capable of tossing the ball around to their mates outside of match conditions.
But they don't earn match points for training :(

Zoolander has the support of the Board :giggle:

Has ZtH been made a director of the Franchise again :eek:
People with money sure know how to keep the 'yes men' around :cool:

Club legend and RLW Immortal Bob Fulton and Sea Eagles director Peter Peters have pledged their support by offering the 38-year-old all the help they can muster.

The two household names won’t be recommending any change in coach.
http://www.pressreader.com/australia/rugby-league-week/textview
Apart from being completely appalled at Barrett's lack of ownership of this, am I reading right that someone, other than ZtH thinks Peter Peters is a household name?
FMD.

Asked how he feels about Brett Stewart’s form, Barrett is reluctant to comment, but after our conversation,

RLW gets the impression he’d like the 31-year-old to declare his future today rather than later.

This is a player who has won games for the Sea Eagles with a huge repertoire of attacking skills and bruising hip-high defence. But it now appears Stewart has had enough.

Just saw this part - sounds like Snake is withholding his talents from yet another coach :confused:

May not have to worry. If the rumour about Cartwright taking over are true he can ask him.
God help us.

Whats so appalling about that article?? Invites fans to come down and watch a session. That's great, if i lived near the oval i would be there supporting the team instead of continually bagging out Barret. Just more keyboard no all's who think they could do better than an nrl coach yet who have probably never played the game ever in their lives. Pathetic supporters who have nothing better to do than to rip into the team and the coach every chance they get.

I wonder if Yeah Nah is a Pearl Jam fan? Singing......

Yeah, na na na nah yeah that's something
Yeah, na na na nah, yeah that's something
Yeah, na na na nah, yeah that's something

Oh, and the barrel waves, the trigger shakes it's aimed right at my head, oh won't you help me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6