Barba the truth comes out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Wetpatch

This bloke should have been sacked and Greenturd is now in charge
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/the-real-reason-ben-barba-is-heading-north/story-fni0cx12-1226708326427 tops my night

The star fullback is on the outer with some players and officials after the woman complained to the Bulldogs in February she had been punched by Barba in an argument over another man.
This was the incident that saw Barba spend two weeks in a rehabilitation centre and miss the first three rounds of the 2013 NRL season.
Some Bulldogs officials are so concerned about the situation they revealed details to The Sunday Telegraph, including the claim Barba failed to complete the counselling ordered by the Bulldogs.
Barba, 24, was stood down by Bulldogs officials on February 25 after the woman approached former Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg and coach Des Hasler at Belmore Sports Ground and claimed she had been hit in the face by Barba on the morning of February 24.
The woman was taken to Belmore by a friend and had bruising on her face.
The Sunday Telegraph has obtained a picture the woman took of her injuries after the alleged punch, as well as text-messages she sent a friend detailing the alleged injuries.
"Just have a busted lip,'' the woman wrote.
"I have to go away for a few days, maybe weeks. I have the biggest bruised jaw ever. It's yuk.''
The woman phoned a friend about 7am on Sunday February 24 and said she had been injured after an intoxicated Barba had entered her home following a night out.
The woman claimed she fled her apartment from a ground floor balcony.
The Sunday Telegraph does not claim the alleged punch occurred.
Senior Bulldogs officials have confirmed the woman made the complaint on Sunday February 24.
Barba was made aware of the complaint on the same day, with a Bulldogs official rushing to his home. The official found Barba distraught and put him to bed, remaining by his side as he slept.
The Bulldogs are adamant they handled the situation correctly with both Hasler and Greenberg encouraging the woman to report the matter to police.
The woman at no time indicated she intended to report the matter to anyone other than the club and Barba's management. It is alleged she told the Bulldogs she would deny the incident if anyone else was informed.
It is alleged Bulldogs officials attempted to put the woman in a car and take her to police.
She allegedly asked whether or not Barba would be able to play football again if the matter was reported. When an official said "no'', the woman said the incident never took place.
The Sunday Telegraph spoke with two senior Bulldogs officials this week who stressed the matter had been dealt with in an appropriate manner.
With the woman refusing to take the matter to police, the Bulldogs officials said they took appropriate action by standing down the player and having him agree to extensive rehabilitation and counselling.
Barba agreed to undergo a month of counselling at a Sydney rehabilitation clinic but was released 17 days after Greenberg announced he had been stood down.
He was back on the paddock for the Bulldogs another 26 days later, when Canterbury took on Souths in the round four clash at ANZ Stadium.
Barba has admitted to having a severe gambling problem as well as issues with alcohol. The club took the drastic action of paying a family member the majority of Barba's wage.
The Sunday Telegraph has been told Barba checked himself out of the clinic voluntarily but officials are adamant the stay was cut short at the direction of the clinic.
Barba subsequently agreed to a number of counselling sessions but failed to complete every session.
Barba has been estranged from some members of the team since the incident.
Barba made his release intentions public last month and said he needed to be in Brisbane to be near his children.
The Sunday Telegraph has learned the Bulldogs helped pick the Brisbane Broncos as Barba's next club, largely because of a well-regarded welfare program that will continue Barba's care.
The Bulldogs claim the Broncos have been fully informed about Barba's off-field history. New Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle was also fully briefed on the incident by Greenberg before the former CEO took up a high profile position with the NRL.
There are also suggestions that there was no $300,000 transfer fee paid to the Bulldogs, with Canterbury more concerned about having Barba placed in a club where he would receive ongoing care.
Last night Ms Castle released a statement saying: "The Canterbury Bulldogs are entirely comfortable with the actions we have taken and processes we have followed in relation to Ben Barba.
"As a club we have insisted he has participated in relevant rehabilitation and counselling programmes throughout the 2013 season.
"Having been fully briefed in relation to this complex and highly sensitive situation, I believe that the Bulldogs have acted with the utmost integrity throughout."

Attachments

• 326389-d2afa028-110f-11e3-92bf-1ac22055d80e.jpg
    326389-d2afa028-110f-11e3-92bf-1ac22055d80e.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 6
  • sl5zdg.png
    sl5zdg.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 40
I thought the NRL had a really strong stance on violence against women.

If this story is true (it is the DT so talk it with a grain of salt) then he should have spent a long time on the sidelines.

Less of a penalty than Brett got for having a couple of quiet drinks and catching a cab home.

Barba was promoted by the media and NRL as a hero and Brett as a villain.

Go figure.

Shock horror, what - the family club -surely not - how embarrassing for the nrl, employing greedburg and his lying cheating ways

NRL should investigate immediately. If true Barbara should be de registered and that Slimy lying prick Greenturd should be sacked.

The problem here is, is that nobody has come forward to press charges against him, it is obvious the victim in this , if she is who I think it is ,still relies on a lot of financial support from him, and him being suspended would have compounded the situation.

People remember this is the telegraph that is reporting this

Barbas ex mrs put out a statement yesterday saying that the above article was false

So he was accused and never formally charged, did not have his case heard as yet people want to punish him?

If the story is to be believed it sounds like the dogs offered support to the women in a number of ways...all though it is the tele so who knows

After deciding to leave that infested scum of a club , now they want to throw to the lions...

once a hero and now they want to destroy him....

not that i agree if these accusations are true , but it was so called dealt at the time and put to bed while trying to cover up the whole situation , if the club had a strong stand , why wasnt he suspended / terminated at the time ???

just shows the integrity of that scum club and how they treat their once upon a time hero...

hope he puts 5 tries on them next year when his at the broncos

even though i hate the scumdogs , on the field i thought Barba was a decent person when compared to -

ennis the penis , twig leg reynolds & hungry hannibal graham !!!

scumdogs suck a fart

Nobody can fault the way the Dogs handled this if the fairytale written by the tele is close to the truth

The fact the nrl wasn't made aware of this so it was covered up by Greenberg and Canterbury makes Greenberg's position at the NRL untenable and he should resign or be sacked. Violence against women shouldn't be brushed under the carpet. This isn't the 1970s

Kiwi Eagle said:
Nobody can fault the way the Dogs handled this if the fairytale written by the tele is close to the truth

wouldnt you say , that what ever info the tele has got it from the scumdogs ??

coincidence that now that barba is leaving , 6 months later they pubicise this info against him ???

panash said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

wouldnt you say , that what ever info the tele has got it from the scumdogs ??

coincidence that now that barba is leaving , 6 months later they pubicise this info against him ???

Could read into that if you wanted too, but you could also say whatever info they had on DCE v Stewarts came from inside manly too.

CAMBO said:
The fact the nrl wasn't made aware of this so it was covered up by Greenberg and Canterbury makes Greenberg's position at the NRL untenable and he should resign or be sacked. Violence against women shouldn't be brushed under the carpet. This isn't the 1970s

Trouble is you have no complainant in this situation

Statement from the Scumdogs.

The Bulldogs have requested the NRL Integrity Unit investigate allegations raised in today's media in relation to Ben Barba.

The Club will offer comment once those investigations are complete.

If true, the Bulldogs got it right. Tried to encourage woman to report and when she wouldn't, stood player down and sent to rehab. No way to force him to stay and happy to move him on in order to bring harmony back to the team. Only blind hatred of the Dogs could cause you to read it differently.

Firstly this story is in the DailyTrash so I don't believe in it's accuracy. Secondly the "we've done everything right" story has come from Greenturd and I wouldn't believe that lying prick either. Somewhere in there is the truth and it probably stinks but without the victim pressing any charges then nothing will come of it. Therefore nothing to see here move on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4