Barba - Pritchard - Idris

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The Dogs have some firepower but these 3 represent the only REAL danger imo. I hope Choc gets his shoulder into Barba & sends him into the grandstand landing on those well mannered mut supporters. Any thoughts on other players who can cause headaches on Sat night??

Ennis could get under watmough or Matai's skin and force a couple of errors or penalties against us.

I guess that the real benefit there for us that Barba & to a lesser extend Idris are defensive liabilities. They'll probably score some points on is unless they have an off night but hopefully the boys can take advantage of them on attack.

I can see Foran shredding Idris a few times
& wouldn't be surprised if Snake chimes in a few times to make Barba look stupid.

Pritchard is a good player & will cause anyone problems on his day. We have a physical scrambling defence though so hopefully the line will bend but never break under him.

Ennis is the key to the Dogs though, if we can cramp his game up we stand a good chance of walking it in.

I hope Watmough doesn't touch Idris early. Idris gets fired up when he gets hit or get ball early in a game. We need Idris to be left alone and not get much ball for the first 15 and he will go to sleep and forget to wake up.
Barba is a massive threat in broken play, but our live has been good this year so can only hope that sticks.
My prediction is Pritchard will run at DCE, it would be my game plan if I were coaching the Dogs. That being said Kevin Moore is a rubbish coach.

I think Frank had a pretty good game last week from memory therefore he is due to go missing now for 2 or 3 weeks. Barba is dangerous sniffing around the middle of the ruck, much like Slater, looking for tired forwards. The middle 3rd will have to work extra hard. I think we can definitely win this game if we play like we did last week, high intensity, hit to hurt defence. The Dogs of old used to love that sort of thing, these days they are soft in the middle and will want to go curl up in their kennels once you put it to them. Pressure Hodkinson's kicking game and Snake should see plenty of kick return metres.

This game worries me.....after the highs of last week can they remain "up"....only time will tell!

Chip and Chase said:
I think Frank had a pretty good game last week from memory therefore he is due to go missing now for 2 or 3 weeks. Barba is dangerous sniffing around the middle of the ruck, much like Slater, looking for tired forwards. The middle 3rd will have to work extra hard. I think we can definitely win this game if we play like we did last week, high intensity, hit to hurt defence. The Dogs of old used to love that sort of thing, these days they are soft in the middle and will want to go curl up in their kennels once you put it to them. Pressure Hodkinson's kicking game and Snake should see plenty of kick return metres.

Mate, Hodkinson has been suspended for 2 weeks, where have you been for the past few days?

I see Ennis really going after the kickers and giving it to Matai. We ignore him and we go a long way to winning.

Pritchard, and Barba the ones to break through if we drop off any time and Idris to put on/attempt some big hits on, well, anyone.

Should be a good game!

Ralphie said:
Chip and Chase said:

Mate, Hodkinson has been suspended for 2 weeks, where have you been for the past few days?

Yeh just read that. I've been without internet for a couple of days. Probably would have preferred if he played, at least you know he isn't going to overly threaten with ball in hand. This young guy is a bit of an unknown quantity.

By the way does anyone know whatever happened to Aaron Groome, didn't he go to the Dogs (literally AND figuratively). There were some very astute judges on here and MWSE that really rated that kid, I would have thought this was the perfect opportunity for that bite on the bum that was coming our way for letting him go.

Chip and Chase said:
Ralphie said:
Chip and Chase said:

Yeh just read that. I've been without internet for a couple of days. Probably would have preferred if he played, at least you know he isn't going to overly threaten with ball in hand. This young guy is a bit of an unknown quantity.

By the way does anyone know whatever happened to Aaron Groome, didn't he go to the Dogs (literally AND figuratively). There were some very astute judges on here and MWSE that really rated that kid, I would have thought this was the perfect opportunity for that bite on the bum that was coming our way for letting him go.

Last I heard Groome was playing for Salford in England. Not sure if he's still there.

We'll win this one and the next against the Girls.

I think it'd probably be good to drop the game against the Queens

That's the second time you've said that and it's the second time you've sounded stupid!

Why the hell would you want to drop a game? What? And give them our measure when it comes finals time? Piss off! I'd prefer to be 1st come finals time and riding on the high that their mid season defeat would give us! We all know Des won't let the boys drop off.

MK Eagle said:
The Dogs have some firepower but these 3 represent the only REAL danger imo. I hope Choc gets his shoulder into Barba & sends him into the grandstand landing on those well mannered mut supporters. Any thoughts on other players who can cause headaches on Sat night??

Hey, while they are super players-the time is right for our boys to really stake a claim for the title. I am expecting Dessie's first real game plan "to WIN" of the season. Des would have pencilled this one in as a must win, and considering our great depth at the moment, it is put in-take out. Our boys will be primed to put a HUGE dent in the Dogs campaign, and derail their pretence as "contenders" which they are no. Manly v St George GF....there is nobody else capable!

I'll put this question to you all: do we have to lose a game? Just like the Brisbane Roar in the A-League. Why is it impossible in people's minds for a team to win a huge string of games and win the title?

Undefeated into the next bye could lead us on a 10 - 15 game winning streak before we meet the dogs, Storm and Broncos at the end.

quinny said:
MK Eagle said:

Hey, while they are super players-the time is right for our boys to really stake a claim for the title. I am expecting Dessie's first real game plan "to WIN" of the season. Des would have pencilled this one in as a must win, and considering our great depth at the moment, it is put in-take out. Our boys will be primed to put a HUGE dent in the Dogs campaign, and derail their pretence as "contenders" which they are no. Manly v St George GF....there is nobody else capable!

Disagree. Melbourne and the Warriors are the other contenders in my opinion as well. Everyone else are behind the 8 ball at the moment. Broncs, Dogs and Cowgirls will be there but not in the GF. That will leave 1 spot left for the finals and that could go to anyone.

Though the Tigers are down on form beware of that ab-lib unconventional attack that creates headaches. Keep in mind they all but beat Rooters in the final till they tried to play defensive & protect a lead(not their strength) & imo may well have beat St Illawarra who Rorters competed with until they said "at least we got here-good enough"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6