banana bending Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
reminded by the news of the passing of John Cracker McDonald ...

Manly has a rich tradition of Queensland imports, and long may it continue. One of my favourites was Dale Shearer. The list would be quite long I expect, and include some of Manly's biggest names.

reminded by the news of the passing of John Cracker McDonald ...

Manly has a rich tradition of Queensland imports, and long may it continue. One of my favourites was Dale Shearer. The list would be quite long I expect, and include some of Manly's biggest names.
Paul Vautin
Chris Close
John Ribot
Kerry Boustead
Danny Moore
Dale Shearer
DCE
Matt Ballin
Marty Bella
Steve Bell
Bruce Walker
Paul McCabe
Nate Myles
Owen Cunningham
That young hooker?

Paul Vautin
Chris Close
John Ribot
Kerry Boustead
Danny Moore
Dale Shearer
DCE
Matt Ballin
Marty Bella
Steve Bell
Bruce Walker
Paul McCabe
Nate Myles
Owen Cunningham
That young hooker?
Danny Russell
Jayden Hodges
Richie Pulsen
Tim Dwyer

One I've heard of from Cracker Mcdonald's era (?) was Ken Day, a Kangaroo player.
Currently we have young half Harradyn Wilson, or at least we did this year.

Also here's a couple of our current squad, at the back.
This was the 2020 Qld u/20 team, with a few now well-known faces there.

1694656477400.png

Mick Veivers and Day were probably the first.
In the late 60's Mick Veivers lived up the road from me in (then) Dee Why West. Later on, he was an MP in the QLD parliament. His cousins were Greg Veivers who captained Australia in a 1977 World Cup match & Tom Veivers who was an Australian off spinner and also later a QLD parliamentarian.

Ken Day was a great ball running forward & also Manly captain. He was sadly missed when injury prevented him from playing in the 1968 GF vs Souths (my first GF). Mick Veivers also missed that match.

In the Silvertails archives, I think there are threads about the best only Queenslander Manly teams.

Morgan Boyle
He played for the Titans, but is from NSW

'Boyle was born in Bega, New South Wales, Australia. He is the son of former Canberra Raiders player David Boyle, brother of dual international Millie Boyle and nephew of Australian international Jason Croker.[2]
Boyle played his junior rugby league for Cobargo Eels, before being signed by the Canberra Raiders.'

Ben Walker. Started at that northern eagles thing but stayed on for Manly in 2003. Good goal kicker.
(as an aside, we've had many Walkers at Manly!)

Notice a reference to Peter Gallagher in the Manly i st grade side in the late 60 's , think that he was originally a QLD based international who subsequently had a season or two with Manly . Front rower - hooker .
Pretty sure John Barber was originally from Newcastle or played in the main comp there before having a few seasons at Manly before moving to the Brisbane comp .
Maybe also a mention to Mark Pocock and Phill Morehood? both occasional Manly props .
Jamie Goddard and Danny Russel handy 9 "s back in the day . Michael Bani
No doubt some more noteworthy "s as well

Notice a reference to Peter Gallagher in the Manly i st grade side in the late 60 's , think that he was originally a QLD based international who subsequently had a season or two with Manly . Front rower - hooker .
Pretty sure John Barber was originally from Newcastle or played in the main comp there before having a few seasons at Manly before moving to the Brisbane comp .
Maybe also a mention to Mark Pocock and Phill Morehood? both occasional Manly props .
Loved Jamie Goddard, what a tough hombre this guy was and the only Norths player to stay with us when we switched back to being Manly again.

Our Peter Gallagher was originally a Centre from Eastern Suburbs (Sydney) who transferred to Manly, and Peter had a great partnership with Nick Yakich (winger) for Manly in the 60s.. The other Peter Gallagher was a forward based in Queensland, and after they had both retired, finally made contact with each other.

Our Peter Gallagher was originally a Centre from Eastern Suburbs (Sydney) who transferred to Manly, and Peter had a great partnership with Nick Yakich (winger) for Manly in the 60s.. The other Peter Gallagher was a forward based in Queensland, and after they had both retired, finally made contact with each other.
Yeah was a bit surprised when i noticed the Peter Gallagher Manly reference a few years ago as i used to follow the Brisbane comp as a kid and could not recall him moving from Brisbane Brothers to Sydney . Thought however that there was some indication of a Peter Gallagher as a Manly Front rower once but maybe a mis print or i interpreted it wrong .
Had a brother or a cousin Noel Gallagher who also became an international forward from QLD

That was a different Peter Gallagher. The Manly version played mostly on the wing after starting out at Easts in the centres. Apparently he hailed from Taree.

The other Gallagher was an international forward and yes a Queenslander, who was one of the prime movers behind the original Gold Coast franchise joining the ARL in 1988.

It’s an easy mistake to make, having to players running around at roughly the same time, with the same name!

Just on the Walkers, before the Chooks v Sharks game it listed Sam W as born in the UK did Ben spend some time playing in the ESL ?.
Recall that Ben joined Manly in 2003 and could well have had a brief stint in the E S L just before that and after falling out of favor at the Broncs

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8