Banaghan and other players... can I see a pattern?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
The Rabbitohs, with $2 million to spend on the open market, have a much better chance of snaring Queensland Origin firebrand Michael Crocker, who looks likely to leave the Roosters at the end of this season.

Crocker has activated a clause in his contract that allows him to negotiate with other NRL clubs, despite being under contract to the Roosters until the end of 2006.

After meeting Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan today, Crocker's manager, Jim Banaghan, was pessimistic about the 24-year-old's chances of staying at Bondi Junction.

Banaghan said Crocker, as a representative player, was underpaid at the Roosters, who were struggling to fit him into their plans due to salary cap pressure.

"He's been a loyal kid," Banaghan said.

"He's played for his love of football but now he's coming to the stage where he's going to get married and have a family.

"He's got to be sensible in how he approaches his profession. It's not a hobby."
______________________________________________________________________________________________

"I've spoken to three clubs this afternoon. I don't think I'll have any trouble (finding him another club)," Crocker's manager Jim Banaghan said.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Manager Jim Banaghan said Joel Monaghan would wait and see who the Raiders had on their books plus weigh up offers from six NRL clubs he expected to field next week. However, Banaghan made an ominous warning about the imminent bidding war.

"Joel wishes to be at a strong club, going forward and having the best opportunity he can to win a premiership and play representative football," Banaghan said.

"He has had a good couple of years and for some reason this year we are entering into the Super League domain of bidding.

"There is a good bunch of premium players on the market. There is also a number of clubs in the last couple of years who have been holding back and are cashed up."

Banaghan said New Zealand international Wiki still had to sift the offers before making a decision.

"It'll be a very interesting battle between the northern and southern hemisphere for Ruben Wiki," he added.

But it appears the northern hemisphere is winning the war after Raiders chief executive Simon Hawkins tonight said Canberra could not match the lucrative offers from Super League clubs.

"Jim Banaghan indicated (today) that Ruben has received extraordinary offers from elsewhere so we're not overly confident of keeping him," said Hawkins.

Hodges, who walked out on the Roosters two weeks ago, met his manager Jim Banaghan
in Brisbane on Tuesday afternoon but failed to indicate whether he intended ...

Justin Hodges's manager Jim Banaghan says his client is homesick and wants to return to Brisbane.

But the Sydney Roosters have said they are yet to see a formal request from Hodges or his management to be released from the club.

"Any club can release a player from his obligations at any time but if the club doesn't release the player from any obligations he can't negotiate until after the 30 of June of the last year of his contract," Banaghan told ABC Sport.

MANLY executive director Paul Cummings has ceased communications with outspoken player-manager Jim Banaghan, putting skipper Michael Monaghan's career at Brookvale in further doubt.

In another day of high tension, Banaghan yesterday repeated claims the Sea Eagles were guilty of breaching the anti- tampering laws by approaching Melbourne duo Matt Orford and Matt King.

He believes Manly have gone cold on Monaghan in the hope of luring Orford to the club.

An irate Cummings responded by cut ting all ties with Banaghan, who is representing Monaghan in contract talks.

``I'm staying out of it because it's become too personal,'' Cummings said last night.

``Des Hasler will be handling negotiations from here.'

I omissed the whole anasta saga too. Jim is also his manager. Do I need to mention anasta is rejecting and turning his back on the bulldogs???

Banaghan isnt Braiths manager Flip, forget hsi name, but its a family friend looking after braiths interest...

Having said that , there are already clubs who refuse to talk to Banaghan , between him and the Orr brothers every problem player seems to be linked with them. If i was looking to point the finger towards someone in this whole mess, i would be looking at him.

If the club wanted Monas they would grab him. Obviously he's not wanted. Why would you mind fcuk your captain like this if you wanted him to stay!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4