Ban the Shoulder Charge?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Yes or no?

I say no way just bigger penalties for those gone wrong into the head. If youre tall, get lower.

No way!

Shoulder charge, as all tackles, are meant to be below the neck.

Judiciary just needs to apply the rules.

How good was GRose's shoulder charge against the Knights last week:shy:

Too bad that he just does not apply himself to his conditioning, he would be such an effective Player:dodgy:

Yes, differentiate us & Union.

Let the opposition know where the big blokes are.
Let the judiciary know where the big blokes are, too.

No, don't ban the shoulder charge.
But as in Inglis' case, using the defense of he first hit him in the shoulder before hitting him in the head doesn't wash.
If it goes wrong it's a hit to the head, regardless of where it hit first, if you're going for a shoulder charge you have to be prepared for the consequences if it goes wrong.

Peter C said:
No, don't ban the shoulder charge.
But as in Inglis' case, using the defense of he first hit him in the shoulder before hitting him in the head doesn't wash.
If it goes wrong it's a hit to the head, regardless of where it hit first, if you're going for a shoulder charge you have to be prepared for the consequences if it goes wrong.

Spot on. Sbw's timing was always perfect. Shoulder or chest shot everytime. Inglis' hit was reckless and stupid.

Let's ban all tackling above the waste while were at it. That way there's zero chance of contact with the head.

Pablo said:
Let's ban all tackling above the waste while were at it. That way there's zero chance of contact with the head.

Bring back the Alfie trip?!? ;-)

Don't ban shoulder charges but increase the penalties for contact with the head.

No dont ban it. Banning it will kill some of the aggression in league.

But the nrl needs to be more consistent in penalising it when it goes wrong.

Pablo said:

hahahha.

But we could reward the low tackle with a slower play the ball. Might have a similar effect.

Ban the shoulder change. It removes any grey area.

I like a good solid arms tackle anyhow. Seeing a player come in like a Steve Menzies big leg wrapping drive is the pinnacle of defense for mine.

If they need to get serious on high tackles and player danger, make legs tackles more rewarding. Make them dominant and allow a second man in flopping player.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6