Ballin on Hoppa (footy show)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Ballin was on the footy show tonight,and they asked him about his thoughts towards Hoppa and Leaving the game for 2 years and he was like yea we will miss him etc....happy for him....but he did say that Hoppa was probably going to go to the dogs or the eels,but instead chose his missionary thing hes doing,i would have been gutted if he chose the dogs or eels,i guess if youre offered that much cash from a rival club it would be hard to refuse,but im glad he chose his mission instead so hopefully he can come back to manly in 2 years,i cant believe he would even consider going to the bulldogs,i wish these clubs would leave our players the F@%K alone!

I understood what he said to mean that when he had a meeting with the players ballin thought that Hoppa was going to announce the worst. I dnt believe he ment those grubby teams were front runners

yeh from what i gathered he was thinking the worst didnt essentialy say that he was leaving, although i am concerned at the fact that a leadership type player like ballin would think that, maybe he knew something we didnt ?

I took it the same way. They had no idea what he was going to do and they probably saw the look on his face he was announcing he was leaving, and he just thought it was too another club.

Perhaps, and a big perhaps - and give me some room to move with this reasoning - Hoppa took the option out of RL because the decision making process, or moreover the conflict that would follow his decisions, was too much.
Keep following me with this line of thinking: sometimes when a woman wants to leave a job, instead of facing the possible conflict with the boss, she becomes pregnant, and therefore the decision is made for her. (I'm not being sexist here)
Hoppa is very religious; he's a good guy, a nice guy, possibly hating the conflict over leaving Manly for dollars and being seen as a religious guy chasing the dollars. The Mormon mission is a backdoor exit strategy to help him move on and not have to deal with his own possible worldly demons.

As Bazeagle said - why can't Hoppa be a mega star for Manly for the next 10 years and then spend the rest of his life with the missionary?!

Funny that everyone is crying about other teams taking our juniors, now we are starting to feel why we were hated for so long :)

Masked Eagle said:
saw the look on his face he was announcing he was leaving, and he just thought it was too another club.

Hmm, if this is true, then all the better to Hoppa for it.
Yea, he's a good guy etc. but I was inistally dissapointed that he would choose to leave footy for a couple of years just when he's primed to develop really well just for religion.
However, there's always more to such stories and, in part, to evade such politics, issues etc. re: going to a diff. NRL club, especially if he hopes to return to the Maroon & White after the couple of years, then that's pretty cool.

captainskin said:
sometimes when a woman wants to leave a job, instead of facing the possible conflict with the boss, she becomes pregnant, and therefore the decision is made for her.

LOL - freakin' bitches, just like, flick a switch, and "become pregnant" for thier personal agendas.
I would hope in such cases families are already planning to grow thier family and a window of opportunity might just happen to coincide with a change in job.

captainskin said:
Perhaps, and a big perhaps - and give me some room to move with this reasoning - Hoppa took the option out of RL because the decision making process, or moreover the conflict that would follow his decisions, was too much.
Keep following me with this line of thinking: sometimes when a woman wants to leave a job, instead of facing the possible conflict with the boss, she becomes pregnant, and therefore the decision is made for her. (I'm not being sexist here)
Hoppa is very religious; he's a good guy, a nice guy, possibly hating the conflict over leaving Manly for dollars and being seen as a religious guy chasing the dollars. The Mormon mission is a backdoor exit strategy to help him move on and not have to deal with his own possible worldly demons.

I don't agree.

I highly doubt that Hoppa would leave the game and follow his religion because he couldn't deal with the pressure with staying in league. Hoppa has a lot more integrity than that. It was a far bigger decision for him to make to leave the game now than it was for him to make a decision about which club he would play for.

And as for a woman getting pregnant to leave a job. That's a strange comparison. It's an enormous decision to get pregnant and a life changing experience. No woman that I have ever come across would/has ever do this. Maybe I've been working in the wrong profession with my head in the sand. You can't just get pregnant, have the baby and then expect to move easily onto another job like that.

Rodo said:
captainskin said:

I don't agree.

I highly doubt that Hoppa would leave the game and follow his religion because he couldn't deal with the pressure with staying in league. Hoppa has a lot more integrity than that. It was a far bigger decision for him to make to leave the game now than it was for him to make a decision about which club he would play for.

And as for a woman getting pregnant to leave a job. That's a strange comparison. It's an enormous decision to get pregnant and a life changing experience. No woman that I have ever come across would/has ever do this. Maybe I've been working in the wrong profession with my head in the sand. You can't just get pregnant, have the baby and then expect to move easily onto another job like that.

I'm not saying he doesn't, but how do you know he does, Rodo?

captainskin said:

WTF? That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while.

Hence why, gentlemen, i wrote 'sometimes'.

It is not moronic or ridiculous in me saying it or a woman doing it. It is not moronic if WH has different intentions that are never revealed.

I put out a speculator of a comment using a metaphor because I know of men and women being fearful of doing or saying something, and instead of revealing their true intentions they have used an easier option so they wouldn't have to face the conflict of either a job they hated (but didn't have the guts to quit) or a person they had to approach.

The women I've observed were always going to become pregnant, but that was used as the reason to leave a job... for good. They wanted to leave the job previously, because they hated it (or the boss or something else about it) but the whole ordeal of the conflict was overwhelming to them. It was easier just to leave when the pregnancy came up. I hope you get my drift.

I know of plenty of religious people who couldn't face up to some major conflict within themselves and have taken an easier option. Their true reasoning or intent was never revealed to most.

The reality is most people, including ourselves, either don't know ourselves, and so don't know whats going on in the brain behind the frontal lobe. Or, will never ever reveal their true most fearful and human state for fear of being exposed.

Gentlemen, to say my reasoning is moronic or ridiculous is rash and unfounded.

captainskin said:

yeah is see where you coming from he still keeps his dignity without insulting the fans,team & club..

SilentBob said:
captainskin said:

AWWWW silent bob your silent for a reason now SHHHHHHHHHHH .. you wouldn`t know shIIt about spirituality would ya..

jjai said:
captainskin said:

yeah is see where you coming from he still keeps his dignity without insulting the fans,team & club..

SilentBob said:
captainskin said:

AWWWW silent bob your silent for a reason now SHHHHHHHHHHH .. you wouldn`t know shIIt about spirituality would ya..

I will take my grasp of spelling and grammar over your grasp of spirituality any day, jjai.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4