Bali mid-September

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DVS Matt link said:
Gallen made 270 metres from 29 hit ups

Unbelievable stats for a forward.

Agreed he is a grub - but he is a quality player imho

He's good player but he is a grub - in perspective he made more metres than Kite, Perry, Hall and Ballin combined (Their total = 256 - from 32 hitups)

IMO, Snowden is the most improved and under rated player in the comp at the moment

He is great for them every week

I agree with Nutz, they have a pretty decent pack

I agree, I did a realistic ladder predictor.

St George and Bulldogs will lose in the first week of the finals.

Because parra will beat either of them.

We lose to the Titans and we are the team most likely to play  the Dogs. On form we would lose that one and be outski immediately with no second chance.

Snowden.......in a heartbeat.

Gallen, wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire, too much of a dirty prick.

but he did play well today.

If Cronulla's pack are so good why are they 15th?  A SOO half should dine out on such a good pack you'd think.

They wont go to Bali.

Des mentioned something about putting a rocket up them and at the same time that Hambali dude (Bali Bombing) may well not be charged & could walk.

Matabele link said:
If Cronulla's pack are so good why are they 15th?  A SOO half should dine out on such a good pack you'd think.

Porter, Green or Wright ?

Barrett has missed plenty of footy this season

And outside of the halves, you have basically had a Toyota Cup backline

Yeah... their backline wouldn't know howto cash in on what the forwards do.

For any other reasons why they are 15th.... I refer you to the "who would be a sharks fan?" thread.

I doubt their would be a team that has won the comp without an origin player or international in it.

The sharks have Barrett - He's injured currently and is in his first year back from a sub standard competition. Any other teams backline with Sharks forward pack (if fit) and they would give it a huge shake.

I saw a Broncos team limp into the semis three years ago and lose most of their last five or six regular season games in doing so. They lost the first round of the semis too to a red hot Dragons team. However, two good games and they turned up the heat on the Storm and ambushed them to win the comp. Not so we will do so but we have been there before and have big game experience and composure. Most of this Dogs team and many of the Dragons, as well as carrying favouritism, have yet to play in games at the right end of the season, especially at the end of the month of September.

Yes it wasn't good and we got away with the two points I reckon they will lift their game big time and we will smash the Titans @ Brookie.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181512.msg239247#msg239247 date=1251711364]
Name them

Bulldogs 1995
Storm 1999
Panthers 2003
Bulldogs 2004
Tigers 2005

[/quote]

I can't quite recall the 95 and 99 backlines, but will go into the other 3

Panthers 03

Wesser, Rooney, Girdler, Whatuira, Lewis, 4 Internationals, 1 Origin player

Dogs 04

Struggling to recall their entire backling, but it would have included Patten, Utai, Tonga, El Masri who have all played rep football,

Tigers 05

Hodgson, Whatuira rep players, Marshall and Prince as good as you could get in the halves. Richards and Fitzhenry on the wing, can't recall the other centre

None of those really compare to a backline including Stapleton, Ferguson, Wright, Green etc who are mostly eligable for the 20s

Melbourne backline of 1999

Robbie Ross, Craig Smith, Aaron Moule, Tony Martin, Marcus Bai, Matt Geyer, Brett Kimmorley

- rubbish in anyones book save for Robbie Ross maybe

Compare it to the Dragons backline on the day

Luke Patten, Nathan Blacklock, Paul McGregor (c), Shaun Timmins, Jamie Ainscough, Anthony Mundine, Trent Barrett

and you have a classic example of the famous Red V tightening around the throat of all those who wear it come finals time.

Dogs backline of 95

Rod Silva, Jason Williams, John Timu, Matthew Ryan, Darryl Halligan, Thug Lamb [c], Craig Polla-Mounter

Our line up that fateful day

Ridge, Hancock, Moore, Hill, Hopoate, Lyons, Toovey.

The Dogs backline wasn't that bad especially when you added their secret weapon Eddie Ward.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4