Backs on the Wall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
What does to have your backs on the wall mean ?
It means to have a problem that limit the ways in which you can act:

Our problem in 2021 was the shutting down of Tommy meant the shutting down of Manly
Its was clear for all with eyes to see that the 2021 resurrection of Manly was the injection of Tommy in our back line

In 2022 we need to step up as a team to rise up above 2021 results and one area we can increase strike power is in the centres

Which one of our centres will step up ?

The unproven Harper
or the slow , one dimensional and predictable Parker ?

Also if plan A Harper / Parker fail to step up
What is our Plan B for the centre spots

1. It's actually "backs TO the wall"

2. You might think you're being clever but it's obvious this is a pro-Walker/anti-Parker thread

3. If Parker is so slow, one-dimensional & predictable, why do so many tries get scored off him running dummy lines?

Perspective time, you have no perspective if you always look at things with one eye closed, feathered friend.

2. You might think you're being clever but it's obvious this is a pro-Walker/anti-Parker thread

3. If Parker is so slow, one-dimensional & predictable, why do so many tries get scored off him running dummy lines?

Perspective time, you have no perspective if you always look at things with one eye closed, feathered friend. Truth is we're probably one good centre, a creative half-back, and a really dominant front rower away from being a great side. We've already proven that we can carry DCE and we've got good prospects in the front row.

Parker brings a lot to the team in ways that go beyond attacking talent. In saying that though, we are probably one great centre, a creative half-back, and a rampaging front rower away from being a dominant side. The boys have shown they can carry DCE and we have good prospects in the forwards so our last weak spot is in the centres. If we could find another Killer we'd really be rolling. We can't just drop a player into the back line who's all about attack. We saw how that worked out with Suli.

apart from the current three first graders we have Tolutau Koula, Christian Tuipolotu, Kao Weekes , and Horhay oh and a possible in Ben Turbo
I wonder if Des sees Taufua as a possible like for like backup for Parker - his defensive reads aren't as good though.

the question is can we change our game enough to bring centres into the game

foran uses parker who runs lines and this is the only time we use centres as they should. but this play is used sparingly. schusters use and quality of ball given on that side also is used sparingly. with tom the man spreading the ball too many players are left idle on the inside of the play

its our overuse of this play rather than the play that is affecting centres and backrowers

on the right our centres and backrowers having issues is problematic, sirro suli

over the last couple of seasons at least, the backrower or centre on that side has not got the ball they should expect. the sirro nothing turn under from DCE is now part of harpers game as DCE dicks about far too long with the ball and rarely puts his outside man into a better position than himself. these 2 points alone ensure that centre is a passenger. with jake already the link man between DCE space and time is already precious and that is reflected by how clunky that side looks despite the skill level of those involved

the problem is the overuse of Tom. so are our halves going to run the ship and let tom be part of it or will they play second fiddle as long as toms name appears on the team list. centres at manly with tom only need to be defensive with anything else a bonus due to it being a position we need to spend less cap space on due to our game style

tom sets up the wingers , not centres and if he misses games we will struggle

Backs on the wall sounds like you got me pinned up in a butcher shop Bozo @:)
I reckon our backs will only improve in 2022 though your right - we need to

What does to have your backs on the wall mean ?
It means to have a problem that limit the ways in which you can act:

Our problem in 2021 was the shutting down of Tommy meant the shutting down of Manly
Its was clear for all with eyes to see that the 2021 resurrection of Manly was the injection of Tommy in our back line

In 2022 we need to step up as a team to rise up above 2021 results and one area we can increase strike power is in the centres

The unproven Harper
or the slow , one dimensional and predictable Parker ?

Also if plan A Harper / Parker fail to step up
What is our Plan B for the centre spots
The only time I have kept my “back on the wall” was when I was in kings cross or Paddington during Mardi Gras

Just sayin’

Plan B: the exciting center combination of Christian Tui and Koula to make the fastest backline ever named in the history of the comp.

I also think another one of our other problems was not being able to play patient footy and defending ourselves to victory instead of relying on our elite attack to outscore teams. Penrith saved their worst attack to the back end of the year but still managed to defend themselves to a premiership. We gotta learn.

Perspective time, you have no perspective if you always look at things with one eye closed, feathered friend.
This is actually an anti Shut down Tommy shut down Manly thread

The fact is Parker was so slow , one dimensional and predictable because when he did not have Tom setting him up close to the line he was completely dormant and one of the big concerns that the Manly team face when the opposition shut down Tommy they shut down Manly

Any one with one eye can see that without Tom Manly has issues winning games feathered

This is actually an anti Shut down Tommy shut down Manly thread

The fact is Parker was so slow , one dimensional and predictable because when he did not have Tom setting him up close to the line he was completely dormant and one of the big concerns that the Manly team face when the opposition shut down Tommy they shut down Manly

Any one with one eye can see that without Tom Manly has issues winning games feathered
…. But you could say that about any of the backs … not just Parker!

Just sayin’

…. But you could say that about any of the backs … not just Parker!

Just sayin’
I never said just parker feathered friend . I made that clear

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4