Backflip Clause

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Adz

Reserve Grader
Not sure if reported before.
WWOS is reporting a new 10 day Backflip Clause which gives managers even more power.
Supposedly managers can let a club know that a client has signed for another club without giving details of the contract and then try to get their club to up their offer within 10 days.
If they up the offer the player can backflip.
Opens up a potential can of worms for more dodgy crap.

Not sure if reported before.
WWOS is reporting a new 10 day Backflip Clause which gives managers even more power.
Supposedly managers can let a club know that a client has signed for another club without giving details of the contract and then try to get their club to up their offer within 10 days.
If they up the offer the player can backflip.
Opens up a potential can of worms for more dodgy crap.
Might have been part of the recent agreement with RLPA? A chance of players/managers to screw more money out of clubs?

I don't see it as a major issue. Pretty much every major transaction anyone does has a cooling off period, which is basically what this is.

I was recently approached by another company to go and work for them. I said I was happy in my job but if they offered x amount I would consider it. They agreed and I accepted the new position. When I tended my resignation with my current employer they asked if I was willing to disclose the rival offer. I did and they offered more, so I stayed. I informed the other company and they were disappointed but understanding. I don't see why NRL players or anyone else shouldn't be allowed to do the same as long as they are open and honest with all parties. Of course openness and honesty are not often associated with player managers.

I don't see it as a major issue. Pretty much every major transaction anyone does has a cooling off period, which is basically what this is.

I was recently approached by another company to go and work for them. I said I was happy in my job but if they offered x amount I would consider it. They agreed and I accepted the new position. When I tended my resignation with my current employer they asked if I was willing to disclose the rival offer. I did and they offered more, so I stayed. I informed the other company and they were disappointed but understanding. I don't see why NRL players or anyone else shouldn't be allowed to do the same as long as they are open and honest with all parties. Of course openness and honesty are not often associated with player managers.
Yeah,but they don't have to disclose any details such as number of years,amount etc ..
That in itself seems a little wrong?
I don't mind a player changing their mind,but it seems like it gives managers more ammo to screw over a club.

I wonder if the players would be ok for clubs to backflip as well?
Maybe we could have got the Schu signed for less?

I thought the current system was 10 days cooling off?

**edit - just read this was scrapped in 2018

Last edited:
The article seems to suggest that they don't actually have to sign a contract,just an intention to sign.
It gives their club 10 days to up their offer without knowing what the rival offer is.
I wonder if this is exactly what happened this year with the Fainus?
Seems to just be giving the green light to make it open slather,guess clubs will have to play hardball or cave if they don't want to lose them.
It probably puts a little more pressure on struggling clubs to have to pay overs to retain top players.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8