Back to the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cement Truck?

David Riccio January 31, 2021 - 6:00AM

Peter V’landys has vowed to achieve his next mission of bringing back “all three grades” after receiving vital ARLC Commission approval.
And in a warning to any nervous clubs or factions who could veto the return of reserve grade and under-21 matches before NRL games in 2021, V’landys has warned: “Anyone that gets in the way will get run over.
“The fans aren’t going to be robbed by anyone and anyone who tries to rob the fans isn’t acting in the best interests of the game.
“I will do whatever it takes. It’s going to happen.
“After seeing the reaction, we‘ll go harder than we ever have before.
“It’s going to happen.”
The “reaction” V’landys is referring to includes personal phone calls from leading coaches and players and a Telegraph online readers poll which resulted in 96 per cent of the 2,179 votes in favour of a return of lower grade game’s before first grade.

The NRL want to relaunch “all three grades” on Saturday and Sunday’s from round one of the upcoming season.

In his conversations so far, NRL CEO Andrew Abdo has failed to receive “resistance” from either the Queensland and NSW Rugby League.

“In all the time I’ve been in rugby league, this has received the greatest reaction from fans,’’ V’landys said.

“And you have to do what your customer wants.

“If you don’t have customers, you don’t have anything.

“If people don’t watch the broadcast, you don’t get the broadcast revenue. Then the players don’t get paid.

“It’s a cyclic process and you have to look after the person that pays the wages.

It's not that tough to threaten people who disagree with your idea when initial feedback is that everyone agrees with it. Grandstanding sabre rattling lameness.

And... if clubs actually have a veto, carrying on like douche-bag doesn't invalidate their right of veto.

Now... I wonder what his next 'rule break to help nick' will be?

edit: I do like the idea though. If the grounds can handle 3 grades of footy one the one day.

I also would really enjoy this. Really liked watching potential NRL players run around before the main game to see what exciting stocks we had coming through the ranks.

edit: I do like the idea though. If the grounds can handle 3 grades of footy one the one day.

Am guessing part of the reason the nrl punted running the original 3 games was due to the grand stadia plan greenturd and stupid ayres had on running all first grade games out of 2-3 select stadiums, which was never going to be viable, just some dodgy back room deals the 2 of the had going

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8