Back to politics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Nelson buries Work Choices

THE federal Coalition has abandoned all support for the controversial industrial reforms it implemented, with Opposition Leader Brendan Nelson today declaring "Work Choices is dead".

Following a shadow Cabinet meeting today, Dr Nelson said the Liberal and National parties had listened to the messages from last month's federal election defeat.

"We respect the decision they (the Australian public) have made,'' he said in Sydney.

"Work Choices is dead.''

Dr Nelson said the package of industrial reforms was "one of the reasons'' Australians voted to change the Government.

"Work Choices as a policy, as far as the Liberal and National Parties are concerned, is dead,'' he reiterated.

At a news conference with Deputy Leader Julie Bishop, Dr Nelson said the Coalition would now scrutinise the Rudd Labor Government's scrapping of the laws to ensure it was "implemented as stated''.

The senate will tell all. I was at the Maxine McKew book launch last night and she fielded quite a few questions about the wind back of Work Choices, and especially the unfair dismissal laws. It appears a number of bosses are trying to ram through AWAs quickly in the hope that they can beat the changes.

I was at the Maxine McKew book launch last night
This I understand is a book about her battle to snatch the federal seat of Bennelong from John Howard. Doesn't she seriously have something better to do? How did she pump out a book in the last three weeks?

It was written by another journalist who followed her around for the last few months - not by Maxine.

I was delighted to hear her talk last night about the job ahead of her - no triumphalism, no gloating, just rolling the sleeves up for hard work for the betterment of our country. She said that if certain things can't be done, it was all wasted effort getting elected.

Bob Hogg stopped and had a chat this afternoon as he walked the dog. Was very friendly and seems a good bloke. Said a few funny things but is very proud of his missus.

The book is about her, produced by a book company and written by a journalist. It is not for her and she doesn't get the profits.

I hope the comprehension level can be improved and that the huge log in your eye can be removed.

It was written by another journalist who followed her around for the last few months - not by Maxine.

I was delighted to hear her talk last night about the job ahead of her - no triumphalism, no gloating, just rolling the sleeves up for hard work for the betterment of our country. She said that if certain things can't be done, it was all wasted effort getting elected.

Bob Hogg stopped and had a chat this afternoon as he walked the dog. Was very friendly and seems a good bloke. Said a few funny things but is very proud of his missus.

They are all good at talking, generally its all sh!t though.

[quote author=The Gronk]
I was on the 730 report last night...I guess the camera just loves me!!

you don't think it has anything to do with that borat suit you insist on wearing?
[/quote]

You might be right. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that Kerry O'Brien loved to see a bit of hairy man crack from time to time.

I think Kerry O'Brien is still blasting ABC Producers for allowing the Chaser antics directly behind him on Verdict night!

Yeah he seemed pretty annoyed. Still, he provided the highlight of the night when he asked Antony Green what the swing to the ABC in Bennelong was.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4