back row debate.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
We have to sign a couple more back rowers don't we?

I think we are going to small, to short, to placid. Give me Nood in the back row every day of the week. A nuggetie small prop who plays in the back row and punches holes.

Lui and Horo are big losses for mine. As yet I don't see a replacement.

On the not resigned list are.
Tyson Andrews.
Justin Horo.
Dunimas Lui.
James Hasson.
Willie Mason
Jordan Latham
Michael Chee Kam
Ligi Sao

Currently
Buhrer
Leary
Brown.
JSL

Who on the open market is worth a go. Ikahihifo. Docker. Arona might even be the pick.

We might have to keep Willie and play Lawrence in the back row.?

World class signings cometh.

You left out Symonds
And apparently Lemon Brown will be amazing.

Lussick might shift to back row again?

We have to sign a couple more back rowers don't we?

I think we are going to small, to short, to placid. Give me Nood in the back row every day of the week. A nuggetie small prop who plays in the back row and punches holes.

Lui and Horo are big losses for mine. As yet I don't see a replacement.

On the not resigned list are.
Tyson Andrews.
Justin Horo.
Dunimas Lui.
James Hasson.
Willie Mason
Jordan Latham
Michael Chee Kam
Ligi Sao

Currently
Buhrer
Leary
Brown.
JSL

Who on the open market is worth a go. Ikahihifo. Docker. Arona might even be the pick.

We might have to keep Willie and play Lawrence in the back row.?

World class signings cometh.

11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Blake Leary
16. Addison Demetriou

are all very quality players, and all play backrow.Two players listed above will miss out, being Blake Leary / Addison Demetriou.

We then have a large number of props here and/or coming through. They are:-

08. Brenton Lawrence, Josh Starling, Nate Myles, Darcy Lussick, Liam Knight, Jesse Sene-Lefeo, Luke Burgess & hopefully Willie Mason. Even then, an additional three would have to miss out there.

Myles has played in the 13 but I'd put him upfront and use Lawrence in the 13 jersey.

We will have a strong back row next year. With the reduction of the interchange to 8 and possibly 6 the following year I can see the return of the 80min back rowers. If we have three back rowers and a hooker that play the full 80mins we can stack the bench with impact props and keep them rotating to stay fresh. I see our forward pack and bench next year looking like:

8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. N. Miles
11. L. Brown
12. F. Mateo
13. J. Buhrer

14. W. Mason
15. D. Lussick
16. J. Starling
17. A. Demetriou / T. Symonds / J. Sene-Lefao / B. Lawrence

• 📋
Reactions: Rex
Just so everybody knows Ballin will not be our hooker next year, I would have him but it sounds like Barret wants api starting 9 and Parcell 14.
Back row is fine for next season just need some under 20s to make their debuts so we can tell who will be our next superstar forward.
8.Trbojevic
9.Koroisau
10.Myles
11.Mateo
12.Brown
13.Buhrer

14.Parcell
15.Lussick
16.Symonds
17.Starling/Lawrence/Demetriou

I'm really pleased how we have recruited in the forwards this year, Bozo has done a fine job. I want to see Jake shift to lock, he has some good skills that need to be exploited into his game. Parcell is a must he can be our fire when the team is out of spark, come on and kill the tired forwards. And api has been let down by his coach this year, he has been thrust from NSW cup to Hooker to Bench to 5/8, the kid is a superstar that needs to build some combos with his team he has been let down by an inconsistent roster that changes everyweek. Top 4 shouldn't be a problem next season if week keep the team together. Lawrence may have had his first grade spot taken by Starling.

Why not go Feleti, Buhrer and Myles in the back and target another prop?
So we seem to agree one of the props may have to play in the back row. Plenty of options and thoughts on which prop should go back there. More I think of it, I like the suggestion of Turbo1. He did play lock for a bit in the 2's.

Is it a concern that all our book ends could play back row. I really don't see reducing interchange by 2 making a lot of difference. If any thing it may even make the big props more valuable, the Kasianos, Mose Masoes time on the field becomes more important. Is it yet another reason why we may need to keep a 115 kg Mason?

I know size isn't every thing. But most of our front row would be about 105 and the genuine back rowers about 95kg.

So we seem to agree one of the props may have to play in the back row. Plenty of options and thoughts on which prop should go back there. More I think of it, I like the suggestion of Turbo1. He did play lock for a bit in the 2's.

Is it a concern that all our book ends could play back row. I really don't see reducing interchange by 2 making a lot of difference. If any thing it may even make the big props more valuable, the Kasianos, Mose Masoes time on the field becomes more important. Is it yet another reason why we may need to keep a 115 kg Mason?

I know size isn't every thing. But most of our front row would be about 105 and the genuine back rowers about 95kg.
I don't really like Mason for next year. Even if the reduced interchange only increases speed etc marginally, it makes a guy like him look a lot worse. He takes a little while to get going and is only going to get slower. I'd like the tall and solid front rower in the Tamou/Bromwich mould. That's what we need. A young Kitey.

Just so everybody knows Ballin will not be our hooker next year, I would have him but it sounds like Barret wants api starting 9 and Parcell 14.
Back row is fine for next season just need some under 20s to make their debuts so we can tell who will be our next superstar forward.
8.Trbojevic
9.Koroisau
10.Myles
11.Mateo
12.Brown
13.Buhrer

14.Parcell
15.Lussick
16.Symonds
17.Starling/Lawrence/Demetriou

I'm really pleased how we have recruited in the forwards this year, Bozo has done a fine job. I want to see Jake shift to lock, he has some good skills that need to be exploited into his game. Parcell is a must he can be our fire when the team is out of spark, come on and kill the tired forwards. And api has been let down by his coach this year, he has been thrust from NSW cup to Hooker to Bench to 5/8, the kid is a superstar that needs to build some combos with his team he has been let down by an inconsistent roster that changes everyweek. Top 4 shouldn't be a problem next season if week keep the team together. Lawrence may have had his first grade spot taken by Starling.
Hi Trent, welcome aboard. I hear the Barrack Point sale went well for you.
Anyway, good luck for next year.

Tolman and Graham, Scott, Matalino and Lillyman, Woods are also this size, all go pretty good.

Jake will put on a few kegs each year at his age, Lussick was about 102 when he cracked first grade and now is 110, Jake will be pretty close to this over the next year or 2 (106 now). He was about 110 but has since stripped weight.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4