BACK LINE THAT GOT AWAY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
Tafua, Gutherson, Dean Whare, Hiku, Turbo, Hopoate

3 current international's, SOO + one Junior Kangaroo

hows that for a backline of culture and depth !!!!!

Jamie Lyon should not have been offered another deal 2014 ( or put his hand up and moved on to make the job easier for our staff )

Matai should have taken the money on offer from NZ ( put your hand up think of the club )

Brett Stewart Should have put his hand up ! after 2014 SF

They all should have retired or moved on the same time as Jason King ! ( put the club first )

Let the culture/brotherhood continue, senior players got greedy with 4 GF + 2 premierships ! They should have put the club first and let another generation build that bond of glue ! The stuff of champions

Last edited:
Your right and its going be tough or near impossible for us too get too brisbane or the cowboys standard in this era of tpa's .

Imagine our future backline if we retained our players.

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Hiku
5.Gutherson
6.Foran
7.Cherry-Evans

its not the players its poor management, snake was resigned with an extension till 17 without even seeing if he could get through 16, hiku and gutho were released to get tapou and walker, matai was signed to appease the fans in my eyes, myles and lussick were signed to entice dce, those 3 players are essentially 2 million of our cap, not hard to see why were short of depth

All very easy to say what we should have done afterwards. At the time though Dean Ware was a disappointing loss. I was at Brookie the day he debuted with three tries and I thought he would do that for seasons to come.

Anyway after this season Killer and Matai are gone....

its not the players its poor management, snake was resigned with an extension till 17 without even seeing if he could get through 16, hiku and gutho were released to get tapou and walker, matai was signed to appease the fans in my eyes, myles and lussick were signed to entice dce, those 3 players are essentially 2 million of our cap, not hard to see why were short of depth

The players know their career is coming to a close ! Put your hand up, think of the club and next generation and let the new generation legacy build !

They should have been happy with the blessing of playing 4 gf's + 2 premierships as a group of mates ! I believe they were selfish !

Tafua, Gutherson, Dean Whare, Hiku, Turbo

3 current international's + one Junior Kangaroo

Jamie Lyon should not have been offered another deal 2014 ( or put his hand up and moved on to make the job easier for our staff )

Matai should have taken the money on offer from NZ ( put your hand up think of the club )

Brett Stewart Should have put his hand up ! after 2014 SF

They all should have retired or moved on the same time as Jason King ! ( put the club first )

Let the culture/brotherhood continue, senior players got greedy with 4 GF + 2 premierships ! They should have put the club first and let another generation build that bond of glue ! The stuff of champions

Whare went 5 years ago! Gutherson is shi#t. Walker is a better center than hiku. Walker will move to centre next year and we can go after another quality centre. And rather wright over gutherson. Snake was our best back last year and easily best back when he signed the 4 year contract. Still dont win many games without him in the side and fit (no injury )

I would like to see walker ar center next year and a no nonsense soeedy back like oneil. Buy a quality 5/8 and young angry big prop and we look much better. We need norman to help dce run attack. All the top sides and best play makers have a decent play maker beside then.

Atm manly are missing than potent 1, 6, 7 and 9 combo working together.

We were very luck when we had snake foran dce and ballin when they were young and in form. Through in gifty and a mongrel pack. No wonder we made 4 gfs. Lyon was also the best center in the game at that time as well.

Massive rebuilding needed over the next 2 years. Next to sign quality players. 1 or 2 each yeat and build for future. Signing players around that 25 year old would be ideal

Why would the players think of the club, the club doesnt think of them, what happened to glen stewart, kite, hiku etc is reason to be selfish or treat it for what it is a business, kudos to them if they can take advantage of a poorly run business

you do have a point ! But the club's job would have been easier if the senior group thought of the fans ! The club had a tough job ! it could only be done with an unselfish act of putting your hand !

whinge whinge whinge, why start another thread on the same topic

What else is there to talk about? The positives? Any rational person could see the Lyon, Stewart and Matai problems coming as far back as the finals series of 2014. Once you reach a certain age, you fall off the cliff almost overnight. Anyone who suggested such back then was lambasted by all and sundry on here.

I thought that Myles could have played a Ben Kennedy type role, but he is just cruising, and has been all year. And Lewis Brown? Why? On the Footy show they mentioned the lack of impact by Tapau. I have thought the same thing but I haven't heard anything on this site about it. Honeymoon period?

myles was gone halfway through last year , the titans had him off the bench towards the end of the season, i thought his workrate was good last night, hes just not a 60 minute footballer anymore, good for 2x15 minute stints period, equate that to 500k a season and it was a bad buy

i agree but if u can earn 500k your going to maximise that as long as you can, i know i would
It's very much like the Aussie cricket team, I know people criticised people like Steve Waugh for not standing down sooner than he did to make way for younger talent (I didnt Steve is my favourite all time player), but the reality is that's their livelihood. Would any of us stand down from our jobs to make way for a younger person? Pushing us out into retirement or less paying jobs for the good of the company?

I do realise there are differences, but in the modern world that's the reality. Sport is no longer somewhere you can have fun and make a few dollars until you retire and get a real job. There are only so many coaching, media roles to go round, and the average length of an NRL career is apparently less than 50 games. You can't begrudge players for hanging on. It's the clubs job to assess their worth.

All very easy to say what we should have done afterwards. At the time though Dean Ware was a disappointing loss. I was at Brookie the day he debuted with three tries and I thought he would do that for seasons to come.

Anyway after this season Killer and Matai are gone....

Sorry to be picky but didn't Whare make his debut for us against NQ in Townsville?

I thought that Myles could have played a Ben Kennedy type role, but he is just cruising, and has been all year. And Lewis Brown? Why? On the Footy show they mentioned the lack of impact by Tapau. I have thought the same thing but I haven't heard anything on this site about it. Honeymoon period?

Part of the problem for Kapow is having Dylan Walker on the left side of the field. He is starving Skivy and Jorge (or whoever plays there) of quality ball and the same can be said for Marty. He's simply not being used correctly. Last night Marty even shifted himself to the right at one point trying to look for the ball.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6