Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
A CHILDCARE centre in Britain is teaching children to sing Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep rather than Baa Baa Black Sheep to avoid causing offence.

The new words to the nursery rhyme have been altered by bosses at the Family Centre in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, and the Sure Start centre in nearby Sutton Courtenay.

Stuart Chamberlain, the Sure Start centre's manager, said: "No one should feel pointed out because of their race, gender or anything else.

"We've taken the equal opportunities approach to everything we do.

"This is fairly standard across nurseries. We are following stringent equal opportunities rules."

The earliest known printing of the words to Baa Baa Black Sheep was in 1744.

Next thing the gays will be protesting for being singled out in the use of the Rainbow!!!!

Political correctness gone mad!!!!

was thinking the same thing - and it is implied since everything black must be about dark skinned folk then everything rainbow must be about gays.

Next hting you know you wont be able to sing about sheep as it discriminates againt other animals

Whilst I dont agree with changing the words. it is by far one of the most racist songs going around.

Think about the words and you tell me whether the song is specifically about a sheep?

The stupid thing is that black sheep actually do exist.

very true but is that the context of the song?

"One for my Master"!

Why couldn't the context be that of a so called black sheep of the family? ie. Have you shorn the sheep yet dcikhead?

yeah true true.....but a stretch!

I think you'll find that the generally accepted consensus says that it's about King Richard III taxing wool exports...

[quote author=The Fonz]
The stupid thing is that black sheep actually do exist.

very true but is that the context of the song?

"One for my Master"!
[/quote]

Obviously the song originated in new Zealand.

Looks like another part of history will go the same way as golliwog and noddy and big ears.

Next thing is that they will be wanting to change the words to Baa baa local indigenious sheep. Doesn't quite sound the same though.

Yet COON cheese is still a popular brand....I wonder how much longer for :naughty:
How bloody ridiculous....ask the people who these name changes are apparently protecting and they will say the same.

Next White Chocolate might be due for a name change to protect all us fairer skinned peeps :doh:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4