Australian Poker League

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Gronk

Bencher
Hey card players,

I remember we had a poker thread a while back and was wondering if anyone had some more poker stories of how they have been going recently?

Perhaps this is a loaded question, because it gives me the chance to tell everyone that the missus and I quinellaed last Friday!! The TD reckoned it was the first time he had ever heard of a husband and wife making it to heads up.

As to who came first and who came second....well....put it this way...I sure am a gracious husband!!

I am getting a bit sick of my nickname "runner up" though. At least it is better than "loser" which was what I was copping to start with!!

I knew I was in for a good night when I flopped an ace high flush first hand!!

Well done on the success Gronk.

There has been some bad postings about some player etiquette problems at tournies and a lack of policing, along with some officials who have no idea about lead play with the SB and BB. I have to admit this has put me off.

Anyone else had sour experiences from poor play or the way it is run?

I haven't played Poker in a long time. I'm looking at getting back into it though as I'm going to attempt to qualify for the WSOP through Pokerstars soon.

Last Quarter I killed it.. I only played 6 times and I got final table 4 times for 2 wins and dudded 2 times. I stopped playing though because I got a new job etc.. and have stopped playing all together.

I have $50 in my pokerstars account and that gives me 3 cracks at the $16 satellites to try and qualify for the WSOP. So, wish me luck.

Good work on sticking it to those APL players too, gronk.

MB, I think that was a contributing factor to the fact I threw it in.. Half the players were pissed at tables and no one really had any idea and it starting giving me the ****s.

Was playing in my regular Fri night APL event last week when I picked up a King high straight on the turn, three clubs had come on the flop but nobody had raised.

Anyway the guy in front of me raises $300 and I reraise $1100 the girl after me calls and the original raiser folds.

The river is a 2 of hearts so I figure I will just check and rake in the pot. The girl who called say's "I will check but then I want to ask a silly question" so ok whats the question, "does a flush beat a straight"

Now I would not have been pissed off if she had been slow playing me but this girl has been playing for months and has won a couple of pub tournaments.

To make matters worse the guy who folded after my raise would have had a boat on the river.

So does a flush beat a straight?

I'm not being stupid, I know very little about poker, blackjack is my game, and yes I get pissed off when some pissed idiot does stupid play in front of you and stuffs it for those who are playing it properly..

So does a flush beat a straight?

I'm not being stupid, I know very little about poker, blackjack is my game, and yes I get pissed off when some pissed idiot does stupid play in front of you and stuffs it for those who are playing it properly..
Sadly (for me in this instance) a flush beats a straight, my main point being that after getting the best hand on the flop she did nothing to protect it and had she just called the original raise of the guy who folded she would have lost with the best starting hand.

I know.. that's what makes the APL harder to play.

Half the people have no idea what they are doing and it makes it harder to read them by what they do with their chips.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2