Australia v India 2020-21

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Test squad for South Africa series as follows. Wade out, which isn't a great surprise, and Carey in for back up keeper. Steketee added as well.

Test squad: Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins, Sean Abbott, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Will Pucovski, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mark Steketee, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner.

Not sure how Starc's form will hold up, but assume he will get first shot. Wouldn't mind Neser getting a crack, his bowling might suit the local conditions more than Pattinson (who is a bit same same like Cummins and Hazlewood). Who bats 5 will be the interesting one. Do they go back to Head ? I'd be inclined to leave Harris at opener and try Pucovski at 5 to let him find his feet. Only other possibility is using Carey as a batsman - might be worth a shot.

Who bats 5 will be the interesting one. Do they go back to Head ? I'd be inclined to leave Harris at opener and try Pucovski at 5 to let him find his feet. Only other possibility is using Carey as a batsman - might be worth a shot.
I think it will come down to who offers more to the 11, Harris or Head. Pucovski will be in the 11 and showed enough as an opener to hold his spot there, but if Pucovski opens, then obviously Head or Carey come in.
I feel sorry for Wade. I would not have been disappointed if they kept him in, but he'd had his chances. He looked so good when batting it was just the rush of blood T20 shot that cost him his spot.

That’s us confirmed in the final and awaiting an opponent now with India, Australia and England all having a chance

Heard on the news the reason we are above Australia on the table is because you lost 4 points for a slow over rate in the Boxing Day test

No matter what way you look at it, Australia has only itself to blame. We had every chance to put India away but weren’t good enough so it is hard to argue that Australia deserves to be in the final.

South Africa are obviously upset we aren’t travelling there and Graeme Smith sounded quite emotional about it (no doubt he put in a tonne of work to try and make it happen). But I think the right decision was made in light of the new strains of the virus and question marks over South Africa’s ability to pull off a bubble like a Australia did. The only downside is that I was looking forward to watching the series!

The silver lining for the Aussies is that the last 5 rounds of the Sheffield Shield will have all the test players playing - just like the good ol' days!

It was a good win. Great crowd too for a change. 99% Sixers fans. Every Sixers boundary met with an almighty cheer. Every dot balled bowled by Sixers the same, Scorchers boundaries resulted in pin drop silence. It was too funny.

Losing Phillipe early I though might hurt us, but Vince had another blinder. Unlucky not to get the elusive 100. Scorchers started well and were going at 10 an over, but picking up Livingstone, Marsh and Inglis in quick time knocked the stuffing from them. It was just a matter of bowling smart from there. Jackson Bird bowled well, and SOK is evergreen, so smart and knows his game inside out.

3 wins for Sixers now in BBL, to equal Scorchers record.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4