Australia v England, 1st Test, Brisbane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Smith will be a test player no doubt. Maybe your right that he isn't yet but I don't see why not throw him in now. Not like you have anything to lose. I personally hope he doesn't play this series being a pom as he could do some damage.
Ps. And I may start an agruement here but Ponting was disgraceful the way he acted yesterday. No wonder no one in world cricket trusts him. To use his phrase piss weak.

Smith's my boy. I had him picked in the Aussie team from the first time I saw him.
Something about a blonde leggy, AND this one's a New South Welshman. Surely that means he'll be even better than the last one.

I hope they don't pick him too early.  Otherwise he will go down the Cameron White path and go from being a handy leggie to yet another lower order batsman who doesn't bowl, as he will focus on his batting to stay in the team. 

We need a spinner more than another lower order slogger. 

I'm not convinced Smith is a good enough bowler to be Test standard just yet, and his batting is hardly compelling enough reason to pick him. He needs a few more years in Shield to hone his craft, he needs to make the side on the strength of his bowling alone, and any decent batting we get from him is a bonus. Age of the middle to lower order, or a complete lack of any other spin options might force our hand with him and he will probably get a start inside that time frame. Hopefully that won't be a detriment to his development.

Clarke from all reports is fit and his back was not troubling him at all through the Gabba test, well that's the official party line anyway. So unlikley he will be rested at this point. That leaves North as the only likely batsmen in danger of losing his spot. I'd say the chances of that happening are slim given the selectors track record with team changes, although Chappell may have served notice with the Hauritz / Doherty decision that those days are drawing to close. If they do drop North then you would think Khawaja would be next cab off the rank given he was in the initial squad, but they could do worse than Ferguson on his home ground.

I really can't see them dropping Johnson, even though he deserves a wake up call. Both Hilfenhaus and Siddle out bowled him, so it would be unfair if either of them got shown the door. I think adding Harris and The Rug to the squad is just a none too subtle hint to Johnson. Basically perform this test or take a break and get your act together.

Anyway I'll be surprised if there are any changes to the side. I'll also be surprised if Johnson's form improves any, paving the way for Dougy to return in Perth.

Drop Hilfenhaus for Bollinger
North for Smith,2 spinners at adelaide never hurts
Johnson......as much as i like him,for Harris

Can we really do any worse with these selections?

Sure Hilfenhaus started well,but his second innings tends to disagree
and besides,Dougie is better
Johnson has to go,he needs a rest,no wickets for 171 and a duck attest to that
North hasnt hit runs since Clinton was elected the 1st time

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9