Australia Should Be a Republic!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Despite the love of a long weekend for the Queen's Birthday (not even on the real date anyway) I firmly believe that Australia should be a republic and do away with the antiquated colonial system anyway. Howard and his gang of minus 4s are doing away with State rights anyway and he has taken over as the Governor General/Head of State anyway so we should just make the jump and get it over with.

The President's Birthday doesn't have the same ring to it but I am sure some creative minds can come up with a preferred excuse for a June Holiday!

President's day?

Anyway, would you prefer the drawn out and Hollywoodised system the Yanks have? It's not like the Monarchy has any say in Australia.

Make a stand CW go to work on Monday to rebel against those heathen, spoon fed, blue blood royalists.

I would go for minimalist change - it isn't as if the GG has any say either. I don't want a drawn out system but can't work out why we put up with the nonsense and tosh we do now.

Despite the love of a long weekend for the Queen's Birthday (not even on the real date anyway) I firmly believe that Australia should be a republic and do away with the antiquated colonial system anyway. Howard and his gang of minus 4s are doing away with State rights anyway and he has taken over as the Governor General/Head of State anyway so we should just make the jump and get it over with.

The President's Birthday doesn't have the same ring to it but I am sure some creative minds can come up with a preferred excuse for a June Holiday!

your speaking this tripe on a site created by the son of English parents, my entire family is english and I am a loyal british citizen myself. I am and Aussie first and foremost but English blood flows through my veins.

God Save the Queen!

Thats right.

What makes this post even less credible is CW's dislike for howard, yet he wants howard as president. Yeah gie the guy more power, good idea

For Daniel:

Oh God save history
God save your mad parade
Oh Lord God have mercy
all crimes are paid.

When there's no future
how can there be sin
we're the flowers
in the dustbin
we're the poison
in your human machine
we're the future
you're future

God save the Queen
we mean it man
we love our queen
God saves

As a proud holder of British citizenship I appreciate getting in the short queue at Heathrow, roast beef & yorkshire pud, Arsenal FC and the Ascot races. Jolly good.

Where does he say that Howard should be the head of state?

Mr sarcasm its logically implied!

-> if we become a republic the party in power will have the ability to vote for the president!

Quite simply as a race we aren't mature and smart enough to have a president, look at the US, that could happen to us!

and MB, it will be a cold day in hell before i give up my british passport and citizenship

Why is every country so proud of where they came from yet australia is quite happy to cut ties and move on to become America II?

In some cases a republic would be great, but I think our ties with England, technically speaking our Origins are a good relationship and helps keep our history. Im proud of being assiciated with England and if we ever poll again on wether we are to become a republic, ill be saying no.

-> if we become a republic the party in power will have the ability to vote for the president!

Quite simply as a race we aren't mature and smart enough to have a president, look at the US, that could happen to us!

and MB, it will be a cold day in hell before i give up my british passport and citizenship

A race?

There are many ways to elect a president. The model for presidency that is popular with Australian republicans is that the election system remains the same with the party with the most number of seats controlling the relevant houses of government, while the President is just a ribbon cutter without an apparant political agenda. I.e. the Governor General but with a different name.

I spent my life growing up enjoying nothing better than beating the Poms at anything. Just the way it is in Oz. I don't enjoy all the colonial kowtowing we do to a disfunctional bunch of inbred European royalty on the other side of the world. They don't give a rats about us. So I favour a republic. It doesn't mean that I don't appreciate and embrace a lot of what we have gained from England, as I do, and I hope that a lot of their values continue to form a large part of what is Australia.

We had the chance, but unfortunately the majority of Australians are imbeciles. Same reason we have John Howard as PM.

[quote author=Daniel]

A race?

There are many ways to elect a president. The model for presidency that is popular with Australian republicans is that the election system remains the same with the party with the most number of seats controlling the relevant houses of government, while the President is just a ribbon cutter without an apparant political agenda. I.e. the Governor General but with a different name.

[/quote]

Which means howard at this point genius.

And of course we are the Australian race of people. Race doesnt mean the colour of your skin, it ca refer to your country of birth/origin!.

With the suggestions that people such as eddie Mcguire should be president I daresay there is a lacking of maturity

[quote author=c_eagle]
[quote author=Daniel]

A race?

[/quote]

Which means howard at this point genius.

And of course we are the Australian race of people. Race doesnt mean the colour of your skin, it ca refer to your country of birth/origin!.

With the suggestions that people such as eddie Mcguire should be president I daresay there is a lacking of maturity
[/quote]

It doesn't mean Howard at all, you know nothing.

Australia isn't a race, it's a nationality. There's a huge difference. A race of people have genetic commonality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4