Aust v India

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kohli is a nice bat, played very well in this test. He was probably the pick of them last tour here as well.

Marsh, Hazlewood and Starc in for Clarke, Siddle and Harris. Steve Smith to Captain.

Harris has a quad strain, so hopefully will only miss one test. He is our most consistent wicket taker and probably first picked out of all the quicks.

Siddle hasn't looked threatening for a while now and with so much young talent coming through it's hard to criticise the decision to drop him. Looking forward to seeing how Hazlewood goes on debut, the 'Gabba wicket should suit him.

Will be in interesting dynamic with 2 left armers, maybe they are trying to work on those footmarks for Lyon to exploit.

Marsh brothers become the 5th set of brothers to play in the same test match for Australia. What are we up to in terms of opportunities for Shaun ?? Is this his 4th or 5th call up ?? Can he make the most of this one ?

I'm predicting a comfortable Australian win, not sure the Indians will handle the pace and movement in Brisbane.

Shaun Marsh's catching is about as consistent as his batting. Two very poor misses today.

Big day today. Another hot day in Brisbane expected.
Early wickets are crucial if we are any chance of getting anything from this test. India have a great opportunity to bat us out of the test.
Is going to be tough, not only because of the weather but also 1 bowler down with Mitch Marsh unlikely to bowl again in this test.
If India can bat til tea and post 500, then the best we can hope for is a draw.
Will be interesting to see how Steve Smith handles the pressure on day 2. It was a tough 1st day as skipper.

Yes my prediction of an easy Aussie win seems a bit premature. Bowling and fielding wasn't great yesterday. Marsh injured and Starc struggling didn't help matters. We need to wrap it up in the first session today to be any hope.

Gives us some hope now if we bat well over the next 2 days. Hopefully Warner and Smith continue their good run. Rogers is due, and he must know he is in the crosshairs if he fails in this match. Watson doesn't have a good test record at the Gabba, so hopefully that changes. Will S Marsh deliver or fail ?? I keep thinking back to his horror run the last time India toured. He has 6 ducks in 15 Test innings to date, including a pair in his last match.

Well done to Hazlewood, a Michelle on debut justifies Siddle's axing.

Fingers crossed we are not many down for 200 odd at stumps.

3 starts - 3 outs. All probably poor shots rather than good bowling, although they did target Rogers down legside so their plan worked. 3/120 odd not really good enough.

How is Watson a walk up start every test ?

His record is extremely ordinary and have seen plenty of players tossed aside for better numbers than him

They are infatuated with his "all round" ability. In fairness I think that if there were 3 or 4 young guns knocking down the door then he might struggle to hold his batting spot. Look at all the players who have debuted over the last 12 - 18 months and they are all middle of the road all rounders - Maxwell, Henriques, M Marsh, Faulkner, or they are bowlers. Alex Doolan was the last genuine batsman to get a run and he struggled. Or they go back over old ground with guys like Hughes, S Marsh, Khawaja, Cowan etc.

So until someone starts putting some scores together in Shield then Watson will keep getting picked I would imagine. To be honest I quite like what he offers with the ball, he is a good partnership breaker, and can move the old ball. Problem is that his body can't handle the workload of being a bowling all rounder so he needs to justify himself on batting alone and maybe rolling the arm over here and there. Ideally you'd have him bowling more regularly and batting at 6 or 7, but he'd only last 2 or 3 games before something would break.

Lot's of questions are going to asked of the Australian batting line up over the next 18 months - 2 years. Rogers can't hold on long past next years Ashes you would think. Who knows what the outcome of Clarkes ongoing injuries will be - he might only last another 12 months. Haddin is not getting any younger either. So you would think on the current balance of things the only 2 locks are Warner and Smith.

Great partnership this one. Hopefully Mitch gets his ton and then comes out with his tail up and rips in with the new cherry. Any sort of 1st innings lead here will be gold.

I must admit I didn't think Steve Smith would ever become this good as a test bat. Always had plenty of raw talent and an eye like a dead fish, but he has matured into a very good batsman and is in a rich vein of form at the moment. Seems he has concentrated on his batting at the expense of his bowling and is reaping rewards. Looks set for a long career in the baggy green, mostly as skipper it seems. Glad I'm not a selector, he'd still be playing T20 only if I'd been picking sides. I haven't been this wrong since Matt Hayden was brought back.

He looks unstoppable right now, like Warner is on fire in 2014.

Both are up to 50 average, we are very close to having 3 over 50 again, been a long time since that

Good bowling performance today and looks like we'll wrap it up with a day to spare. Good to see the Indians whining about practice wickets. I'd love to see some of the nets they give touring sides over there. They can come up with an excuse for losing like the best of them.

I am also loving how they want to hang around the crease when they feel like they have been hard done by with a decision. Also lots of hands on hips action by their bowlers for LB's that don't go their way. You princesses don't want to use DRS so suck it up.

lol....6 to win and 6 wickets down.

!

DRS...what DRS? sheesh

As I read.....if the nets are no good....don't bat in them!!

Annnnnd as we all know by now, the Aussie wrapped up the test and lead 2-0 (sorry Kiwi Eagle)

This is only the fifth time that a team has lost in four days after scoring 400 in the first innings. Australia have been the winning side in four of those matches. The run rate over this Test match was an eye-popping 4.12 - the fastest ever in a Test match in Australia.

...espncricinfo

Good to see Aussies getting the practice wicket excuse lined up early. Starc, Watson and marsh all involved in incidents in practice.

Will be interested to see where burns bats. Hopefully Watson goes to six and bowls a bit more. Shaun marsh 3, smith 4 and burns 5.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2