Aussies in south Africa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
all 3 remaining Saffer batsman have shown they can bat long periods under pressure, duPlessis and Duminy have done it personally to us at least once each and AB is a class act who can bat deep when needed. Whether they can hold out for a day is another matter

Getting Amla late was a crucial wicket.

I think we should run through them, especially if harris gets it to reverse again. I'd like to see Lyon make a contribution in this last innings, that is what he is there for.

I didnt think Lyon was too bad in the first innings, drew false shots from Amla and De Villiars just did not have the luck of going to hand deserved at least one.

Add to that the missed stumping and dropped catch as well that could have easily had 2 or more.

What an absorbing last day.

And woohoo! what a great victory. I got to see the last 15 or so overs and almost chewed the lid off my laptop.

South Africa battled really hard as they always do and it took some great bowling to inflict SA's first series defeat in almost 8 years.

As the journo's have put it....we win by 245 runs but it''s really a win with just 4 overs remaining.

Quite happy ryan harris pulled it off. Great last over for someone with surgery requiring knees.

Now bring on those kiwi's!!!

Yep very good win, Clarke went a bit far (possibly for the first time ever) in the declarration, we should had have at least 10 more overs at them.

Given SA have not lost a series for 5 years+ that has to be a great win.

Yep great series win. Must admit I thought we might struggle over there but they have come through with a comprehensive victory. The Saffies probably weren't as intimidating as I expected in the bowling department, Steyn being injured for pretty much the full series blunted their attack.

Harris is such a good bowler when he is on. Lyon will probably be questioned because of lack of impact, not taking a single wicket in the 4th innings is a bit poor from your number one spinner.

Outstanding. We aren't No. 1 in the official rankings but many would say we are No. 1 in the world on current form.

Well done to Harris, I went to bed before tea with only 6 down and I feared we would not get them out, especially with Lyon causing so few problems.

Some of the attitude of the Aussies was a bit embarrassing, I've never played the game at any decent level but some of the glares etc seemed a bit over the top. However I guess they all shook hands at the end so no harm done.

Our team is starting to leave opposition retirements and sackings in its wake, and I think we are still on the improve.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Some of the attitude of the Aussies was a bit embarrassing, I've never played the game at any decent level but some of the glares etc seemed a bit over the top. However I guess they all shook hands at the end so no harm done.

Pattinson can ponce around can't he ? Cringe worthy at times. That's what I like about Rhyno, no histrionics, no carry on - just gets it done......the ball does his talking.

Yes it appears Pattinson has perfected the Glenn McGrath sneer but hasn't actually taken the 500 wickets yet. However he seems reasonably promising given that was his first match in a while.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2