Aussie Teams v World XI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Test Squad

Australia Test squad: Michael Clarke, Adam Gilchrist (vice captain), Matthew Hayden, Brad Hodge, Simon Katich, Justin Langer, Brett Lee, Stuart MacGill, Glenn McGrath, Ricky Ponting (captain), Shaun Tait, Shane Warne, Shane Watson.

Martyn is gooorrrnnn, replaced by Hodge. Kaspa and Dizzy axed as well after disappointing Ashes series. I'd leave Hodge out and make Watson 12th Man, running with twin spin attack of Warney and MacGill, as it is at SCG. However knowing the selectors hell bent desire to find an Aussie equivalent of Flintoff, they'll give Watson a run and probably leave Tait out.

One Day Squad

Australia one-day squad: Nathan Bracken, Michael Clarke, Adam Gilchrist, Brad Hogg, James Hopes, Michael Hussey, Simon Katich, Brett Lee, Damien Martyn, Glenn McGrath, Ricky Ponting (c), Andrew Symonds, Shaun Tait, Shane Watson.

Tait would be fruit for the sightboard at the SCG against that batting line up. I would like to see Hodge get a run, see new new blood in the batting lineup. But I agree more than likely Watson will play with Gilly moving to 6.

I agree that Tait hasn't sold me yet, but Watson isn't a test class bowler either. We either run with 4 bowlers (Pigeon, Binga, Warney and MacGilla) and bring in Hodge, or we have to pick one of Watson or Tait.

I notice that Tendulkar has pulled out of the World XI as his elbow still isn't right. Possibly Vaughan or Inzy Pie Eater to replace him.

World Squads are as follows.

ICC World Test squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid, Inzamam ul Haq, Brian Lara, Jacques Kallis, Andrew Flintoff, Shaun Pollock, Mark Boucher, Steve Harmison, Shoaib Akhtar, Muttiah Muralitharan, Daniel Vettori.

ICC World ODI squad: Shaun Pollock (capt), Chris Gayle, Virender Sehwag, Jacques Kallis, Brian Lara, Kevin Pietersen, Rahul Dravid, Andrew Flintoff, Kumar Sangakkara, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar, Makhaya Ntini, Muttiah Muralitharan, Daniel Vettori.

Surely they could have come up with a better pace attack than that for the Test side.

On recent form, picking Harmison ahead of Jones is a joke.

And Akhtar is streaky at best.

Hogg is out of 1 Day squad, replaced by Cameron White. Tait is also gone, with Stuart Clark called into one day squad to replace him.

No decision on who will replace Tait in Test side yet. Could be a reprieve for Kaspa or Dizzy, or hopefully they might give Bracken a go on his home turf.

Wont matter who they bring in for Tait, they wont make the 11 anyway, Watson and MacGill will come in for MArtyn and Tait in the last team

THE ODDS

World $1.80, Australia $1.90.
THE EXPERIMENTAL RULES

SUPER SUB

â–  One replacement player (super sub) per side per match.

â–  Can bowl or bat, but not if player he replaces has already been dismissed or bowled 10 overs.

â–  Can replace any player at any stage, including when batting.

â–  Replaced batsman retired, not out. No loss of wicket.

â–  Can bowl remaining overs allotted to replaced player.

FIELDING RESTRICTIONS

â–  Fielding restrictions compulsory for first 10 overs of innings.

â–  Fielding captain nominates two more blocks of 5 overs at any time.

UMPIRING

â–  Field umpires may consult TV umpire on any decision, including lbw.

â–  TV umpire has final say on stumpings and run outs referred to him.

â–  Field umpires have final say on all other decisions.

big win to the aussies.

A very good all round performance by the bowlers with McGrath leading the way yet again

Well the ashes loss might just have motivated us to play our best cricket - dominating play in a team display.

Watson very impressive taking 2 MOM awards

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4