Aussie Summer 2022/23...24

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Perth. Aust v W.Indies.

Marnus Labuschagne 204 (and out)
Steve Smith 29th century (same as Bradman)

3-402 at lunch day 2

I remember when all the Aussie pitches had character and the summer was always great viewing, these days it’s just state highways rolled out to bat on and very tedious viewing

I saw some American cricket league on Tv (somehow) recently and it was 99% ex-pats from the Caribbean and India but the absolutely crap fields they were playing on was reminiscent of primary school grounds.

what's my point, I forget

Oh yeah...It's was kinda cool to see that league getting a run and...
pitches do need character. Drop in clones are rubbish.

Sad times, as a lad the mighty W.Indies were unbeatable. Just awesome with bat and ball, and full of swagger. Jeez they had some great players/teams. Getting old when I can remember Chanderpaul's dad playing!

I saw some American cricket league on Tv (somehow) recently and it was 99% ex-pats from the Caribbean and India but the absolutely crap fields they were playing on was reminiscent of primary school grounds.

what's my point, I forget

Oh yeah...It's was kinda cool to see that league getting a run and...
pitches do need character. Drop in clones are rubbish.
Corey Anderson left NZ cricket and is heavily involved and I think a year away from being able to play for USA. Next T20 World Cup is there too and they launch major league cricket next year too

Still reckon the summer should start with the first test in Brisbane, with the one dayers in January after the test series is done.
And cut well back on the amount of matches in the BBL. Maybe a 3 week tournament around the Sydney/Melbourne tests. Tests during the day , BBL at night. It's not like the elite players play in it much anyway.
Don't watch cricket near as much as I used to.
Think maybe when some of the current players start retiring I may watch more again.

Sad times, as a lad the mighty W.Indies were unbeatable. Just awesome with bat and ball, and full of swagger. Jeez they had some great players/teams. Getting old when I can remember Chanderpaul's dad playing!
Even growing up over here, the sports station would have the commentaries on which I’d be listening too while playing outside and would then tape the highlights and watch them over and over. Great cricket and the KFC ads with the West Indies eating the hot n spicy. Curtly was probably my favourite ever bowler

How good was the tri series every year as well

Even growing up over here, the sports station would have the commentaries on which I’d be listening too while playing outside and would then tape the highlights and watch them over and over. Great cricket and the KFC ads with the West Indies eating the hot n spicy. Curtly was probably my favourite ever bowler

Curtly was the man!

Loved that battle between Curtly and Waugh.

McCullum working his magic on the Poms

Remember watching tests from Pakistan last year, all teams struggling at under 2.5 an over

England 386/3 from 61 overs lol, might get 500 in the day

That's why I admired Alan Border, bore the brunt of the WI attack virtually all by himself. Most of the top order Aussie batsmen were blasted out with lethal short stuff, many a promising career was cut short by the WI quicks.

Wow...Warner's manager is going off big time, why he's come out now to make these allegations is anybody's guess. Maybe a bit of get square from Warner since he's no longer in the running for Aust captain anymore.

Definitely a weird move!

Wow...Warner's manager is going off big time, why he's come out now to make these allegations is anybody's guess. Maybe a bit of get square from Warner since he's no longer in the running for Aust captain anymore.
No longer in the running? He has a lifetime ban for any leadership positions.
Sounds like CA stuffed up on this one, yet again. The entire saga has been a sad and sorry mess.
Apparently the usual ICC penalty for ball tampering is a one match ban!

CA should have let that saga die into the History books. Instead some trouble makers want to "cleans". Really? Go and have a bath and change jobs. IMO the organisation is shot and the timing of this nonsense at the beginning of the cricket season is a brain snap. Dumb Dumb and Dumber.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6