Auckland expectations?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the Sea Eagles have some ideal cattle to make a big impression on the 9s. It all comes down to combinations though

We've picked a nines squad. It's horses for courses. That we aren't just trying to get some game time into some A graders has me confident they will do us proud. And at $23 get on em. Go Manly Go.

Do I hope we go well? Of course.

Do I care if we don't? Not at all.

All I hope is that we come through this dog and pony show sans injuries.

Dog and Pony show

Quote of the year , to date!!

Best outcome , lose, lose outski, home, zero injuries!!

But you can almost guarantee we will lose one or more to season ending injuries.

Cannot wait for it to be canned!!!

Every season, clubs lose players for the year because of preseason training mishaps, car accidents, drug busts, DUI, door punching, pissed-up brawls, trial games and even playing football.

Whilst I agree that each club has a core group of players with which it would be stupid to risk unnecessarily, the fact remains that these are professional athletes and playing and entertaining us fans is the sole reason they exist. To swing the pendulum so far to one side in an attempt to guarantee no injuries would only result in either madness (only play DCE for 5 min a game or finals only) or a team of pampered nancy girls scared of their own shadow.

I just don't get all the hate for the nines. Love the 9s, loved the7's. It is interesting that success in the shorter version seem to follow in the 13 a side. We won the coke seven before our gf in 96. The grand finalist at 9s seems to do pretty well in the NRL that year or next. Time to embrace this format folks. It is what it is. And it sure beats cricket.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8