Attn Darren

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I read today that the Manly side are Wooder Spoon faves, and are paying $67 to win the Toyota Cup

Are we any chance at all in your opinion, ie, are they worth a bet at all

Mate, it's probably based on the info provided by each club on the players.

Manly's info provided is a joke !!

Refer to other thread.

It's like:-

Parramatta's under 20's Youth Side vs.
Manly's Backyardigans - no jerseys - no background bums.

hi kiwi eagle, overall it is a pretty ordinary team on paper, there are lots of the flegg team there that to be blunt were very average, I was quite surprised that many of them made the squad so I'm hoping they don't make the run on team

players to watch out for include:
jamie buhrer top hooker from alive cup
cherry evans from brisbane, read quite good half/5/8
kenny edwards prop from keebra park qld, made aust schoolboys and heard he was best forward in some games!!
kieran foran is excellent back but needs time
Inoke or noxi: big forward who has come thru the junior ranks, interesting if he can handle seniors as he was a class junior

The rest I did Googles on and some seemed okay but will have to wait to see how they progress.

We do have quite a few 20's in first grade squad, kids like palau, hargreaves, john grieve, parra signing david williams, trembath, offerdahl, neumann, mauro, tim browne forward from souths.

I would say that we would struggle to make semis but love to see us make it, many new faces so hope Crusher is on the dot.

Penriths team is truly unbelievable, if I was Crusher I would be recruiting them when they look to play 1st grade

Hmm thanks mate, think i will leave the money in the pocket on this one then. Keep up the junior reports mate

I'm pretty sure I read last year that Des said he would be using Premier League as the main feeder side with the best U/20's playing in that. May have something to do with it.

Here's a bit I found in an article.

Many coaches added that young players dropped from first grade would have to make their way back up to NRL level through the open-age competition, which would be played away from NRL fixtures.
While all coaches stressed they would make decisions on players on a case-by-case basis, the majority believed their young stars would develop quicker against seasoned campaigners rather than opponents their own age.
Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett, Canberra's Neil Henry, Manly's Des Hasler and the Warriors' Ivan Cleary were particularly outspoken on their preference for their gun juniors to go straight into open-age competition.
"They need to get match hardened so you play them in the over-age competition," Hasler said. "The under-20s will be nothing more than a glorified SG Ball competition."

well done bob, that sums it up, those names I listed above could play toyota cup but as can be seen, they are des's 1st choice to play 1st grade in time.

kids like noxi and edwards need 2-3 years still

I note that Zorba said on Sunday that Trent Rose (George's brother) has been added to the NRL squad as a half back.

How the **** did he make it through childhood??

He must be pretty tough, food would have been hard to come by in that household.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6