Attention Football clubs members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
If you are a football club member and post at silvertails and like many of us you are livid at the treatment of our former CEO and want HONEST answers from the Football club representives on the Seaeagles board

please email me
[email protected]

it may be too late for grant mayer but there has to be consquences for what has transpired over the last 6 months.

thanks guys emails are comin thru
im lookin for 1 or 2 people to physically collect the signitures of the people who have emailed

Not too late but it takes 2 years before you qualify to have voting rights. The idea is (rightly) to stop a sudden infusion of being able to impact on the direction of the club.

Thanks too many people who have emailed me and want answers
I will be sending an email out tonight to everyone outlining whats happening next.

It maybe too late for grant but its not too late to stop this from happening again.

We put these people in power at the end of the day they answer to us the members.

Canteen Worker link said:
Not too late but it takes 2 years before you qualify to have voting rights. The idea is (rightly) to stop a sudden infusion of being able to impact on the direction of the club.
CW I have heard this from several people but have looked at the constitution and can find nothing about a 2 year qualification period. Have I still got an old copy maybe?

Not sure if you have an old or a new BUT there's a 2 year clause where you don't get voting rights!!!

As CW said it's to stop "branch stacking"....and this would be a prefect example of that...where 500 people might join up, call and EGM, roll the board and install 2 members of their own on the Sea Eagles Ltd board.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Not sure if you have an old or a new BUT there's a 2 year clause where you don't get voting rights!!!

As CW said it's to stop \"branch stacking\"....and this would be a prefect example of that...where 500 people might join up, call and EGM, roll the board and install 2 members of their own on the Sea Eagles Ltd board.
Theres actually no such thing as an EGM
Its called a General Meeting Called by the members  :)

I am not saying it is not a good idea, I am saying the consititution clearly gives financial members over age 18 the right to vote.
Anyone know more about this aspect? It seems kind of fundamental somehow.

You have an old copy SES, there was a change to the constitution a couple of years ago (I think) which was agreed to make there a 2 year wait for voting rights (This used to be case many years ago)
I voted yes to the amendment purely and simply to avoid someone signing up a thousand members (grand cost of $25,000) and then usurping the clubs preference vote for their own ends.

vidmar link said:
You have an old copy SES, there was a change to the constitution a couple of years ago (I think) which was agreed to make there a 2 year wait for voting rights (This used to be case many years ago)
I voted yes to the amendment purely and simply to avoid someone signing up a thousand members (grand cost of $25,000) and then usurping the clubs preference vote for their own ends.
is the copy u got a recent one vidmar?

Nope sorry Cliffy, It doesn't have the changes re voting rights in it and as I've not needed to use it haven't gotten around to getting an updated copy.
Send Phil Deans or Bob Reilly an email via the Leagues Club and as a financial member you will be entitled to get an updated copy sent to you mate?
Cheers
Vid

Cliffy Gc link said:
I will be sending an email out tonight to everyone outlining whats happening next.

It maybe too late for grant but its not too late to stop this from happening again.

We put these people in power at the end of the day they answer to us the members.

Answer me how you can stop "this" from happening again?

byso link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=180748.msg227956#msg227956 date=1245296194]

Answer me how you can stop "this" from happening again?
[/quote]
well byso as a voting member of the FC means i get some say in wat goes on.
I get a vote every year at the election. So by getting a number of voters together our voice is louder and we have a bit more power with the value of our collective votes.

Yeah, but if the majority of board members want to vote out a CEO that is clearly biased to one owner he'll get kicked out again and there will still be nothing the members can do about it except wait for another vote.

I agree Byso.  Let the current board get on with whatever they are meant to do.  Let them chose a CEO acceptable to both factions.  We are on the up and up and a win on Sunday should see us in the eight.  Get back to the footie boys.

byso link said:
Yeah, but if the majority of board members want to vote out a CEO that is clearly biased to one owner he'll get kicked out again and there will still be nothing the members can do about it except wait for another vote.
Close but not quite correct. Instead of simply wait for another vote we could get ready for another vote. Subtle difference!

DSM5 link said:
....  We are on the up and up and a win on Sunday should see us in the eight.  Get back to the footie boys.
I'm with you on that part, thank god its game day

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=180748.msg228495#msg228495 date=1245497346]
Close but not quite correct. Instead of simply wait for another vote we could get ready for another vote. Subtle difference!
[/quote]

And rearrange the deck chairs with more of the same. As supporters we have no idea what really goes on and you would be Kidding yourselves deluxe if you think you do.

Do you seriously believe the board members don't want whats best for the club?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4