Attacking options (your back -where had u been ?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Just finished watching the game again .How good was it to see the boys attacking the line straight up the middle.We still have plenty of room to improve & with a couple more wins like that ,i can see us getting alot better sooner rather than later.All the forwards went well & did what they are paid to do,the runs from dummy half were solid, the players seemed to attack the line & beat the 1st tackler plenty. Ive mentioned it here a few times over the past year ,how we dont have anyone who attacks the line & look like they are going to score.This game was totally different.Players put there hand up & it was good to see.Matai played his best game so far,Robertson looks really secure & attacks well , I dont even have to mention Bell.I think Steppa will never return unless for injury.I was definately suprised with Orfords pace of the mark ,& Burns is also getting better each game.
Im sorry for such a long drawn out post ,but as i have been one of the player baggers of late ,i just wanted to say how well everyone played & i dont think one player was worthy of a spray this week.And after watching the game again ,you really notice it was a tough drawn out game .Good one boys -Bring on the Piwi,s.

I watched the game last night and found it hard from about the 20 minute mark onwards to find any blaring obvious deficiencies in players.

Monas was superb
Orford superb
Burns very good
Cuthbo very good, he is going to be a star
Bryant outstanding

THe only criticisms I have are
- We started way to slowly with very little intensity
- Matai needs to improve in defense and his options, he shouldn't dummy he should just pass.
I have never thought he was a bad attacker but his defense still has holes.

Jason King needs to lift another notch, he did what a run of the mill prop does, but he needs to reach his potential.

One thing I was happy about was

GANG TACKLES....about friggin time. We wrapped up the ball a lot more often instead of just holding and hoping there were on average 3 to 4 people in most tackles

I noticed that with the gang tackles also ,Obviously was a ploy from Dessie & it works ,by the time 3 or 4 players get off the attacker ,it gives everyone time to get back the yards, without having to cop penalties for holding in tackles. Also King did play his best game ,he still has to improve ,im hoping a couple of games like that will bring his confidence up a notch.He even fired up a couple of times ,which was good to see.

yup it was his best game in a long time but it was nothing world beating just standard prop performance.

He still slows a bit before hitting the line, whereas Brynt, cuthbo etc run hard and have to be stopped

I agree with everything robbiea has said except for Matai... i thought Matai was still pretty ordinary!!

Missed a lot of tackles.. made stupid decisions in attack.. dropped the ball a few times too

Best thing he did was bump off mini to score apart from that i didn't see much else great from him... he is the only one i could be critical of... but i won't anyway cuz WE BEAT THE ROOSTERS!!!

To be honest i dont think he will ever be a world-beating prop.I would be happy even if he never offloaded or made breaks!.If he consistently ran hard up the guts & made his tackles -that would do me !!!!!!

Matai did show improvement though ,he showed confidence & i reckon he can get better.

I noticed that with the gang tackles also ,Obviously was a ploy from Dessie & it works ,by the time 3 or 4 players get off the attacker ,it gives everyone time to get back the yards, without having to cop penalties for holding in tackles. Also King did play his best game ,he still has to improve ,im hoping a couple of games like that will bring his confidence up a notch.He even fired up a couple of times ,which was good to see.

Maybe that was the revolutionary defensive technique Des was raving on about :p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4