Atheists and Christmas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So all parents became experts the minute their child was born hey? Is that how it works?

Just because someone doesnt have kids doesnt mean they arent prepared for it or know how to be a good parent.

Some people with kids go a whole lifetime and still suck at it.

I know if I had to leave my kids with either Dan or Mata which one I would chose.

I fail to see how my comment had anything to do with parenting.
We were all children once were we not? or were you always just a bastard matas?
You may have forgotton what it was like but i remember what it was like to be a kid and the magic of christmas.

Believing that you are enlightening other peoples children by telling them there is no santa, makes you little more than a common schoolyard bully.

I think it is wrong to take away even the commercial aspect from children, I have a crap load of kids in my family and I would never tell any one of them there is no such thing as santa.

So get the **** off your childish high horses CW and Matas, and learn whatyou oft tell others!

Plenty of magic in christmas without the need to have a paedophile in a red tracksuit harrasing my kids.

Plenty of magic in christmas without the need to have a paedophile in a red tracksuit harrasing my kids.

For a 30 something christian maybe but not for a -10 year old especially of thenon-christian kind.

It is a terrible injustice to push your beliefs down the throats of others

Does that give you a right to impose your beliefs on others?

Yeah Mata, what Dan said.
Just stick to scaring the crap out of kids by watching reruns of the 'Passion of Christ'. That should give them a well balanced perspective on the world.

No I am asking whether it gives you the right, I am not shattering any world view or innocense here

No I am asking whether it gives you the right, I am not shattering any world view or innocense here

You believe I shouldn't, I believe it's no biggy.

I believe you are describing an elephant to describe a shrew, you will believe you're not.

No high horse here - just interesting to see the ebbs and flows of some pretty poor arguments.

Doiug - plenty of good and bad parents but it is something you grow into, when you start!!! However, what you and Dan are talking about is subtlety, rather than imposing one's beliefs. However it is Christmas we are talking about!!!

No high horse here - just interesting to see the ebbs and flows of some pretty poor arguments.

Doiug - plenty of good and bad parents but it is something you grow into, when you start!!! However, what you and Dan are talking about is subtlety, rather than imposing one's beliefs. However it is Christmas we are talking about!!!

You obviously missed where matas said that it is doing them a kindness to "enlighten" them

Not on this subject, but you have been known to backtrack when something you thought was amusing turned out to be different through the eyes of others

this is a boring and assinine conversation. How many times do we have to rehash the same posturing and roles?

i want the sky to fall in
i want lightning and thunder
i want blood instead of rain
i want the world to make me wonder
i want to walk on water
take a trip to the moon
give me all this and give me it soon
more drink more dreams more drugs
more lust more lies more love
but however hard i want
i know deep down inside
i'll never really get more hope
or any more time
any more time
any more time
any more time

Doug - plenty of good and bad parents but it is something you grow into, when you start!!!

My point CW is that just because someone doesnt have children of their own, doesnt mean they have no right to hold an opinion of how they believe children should be raised.

Your 15 years (or so) of experience doesnt automatically make you a better parent than someone who has recently become or in the future will become a parent.

It has nothing to do with any of that, since my comment had nothing to do with parenting and more toward an attitude that it is ok to piss on the fairytales that children believe in, fine if with your own kids but there is nothing funny about forcing this onto others or laughing when the lessons you taught your kid ruin the fantasy or magic for others.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6