At least the club are now realists

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
While some fans just can't stand any negativity, and think he people who critique are doomsdayers, it's good to know the club are aware of their situation. This, after The Sharks game:-

Manly skipper Ben Kennedy said it was the "worst we've played all year".

"Geez, it was one of those nights," the lock said. "Very frustrating. The roll of the ball just didn't seem to go our way. I don't want to take anything away from them, but we played poorly, really poorly."

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler was similarly at a loss to explain the poor showing.

"I really thought we were ordinary," Hasler said.

What the hell are we going to do without BK next year. Complacency was our issueBEFORE he got here, I worry about footy POST BK. Make the guy forwards coach at all costs (in place of Roach).

I bloody well hope we get a leader type. Craig Fitzgibbon is starting to look like a good opportunity. But do we go for youth in someone like Creagh?

While some fans just can't stand any negativity, and think he people who critique are doomsdayers, it's good to know the club are aware of their situation. This, after The Sharks game:-

Manly skipper Ben Kennedy said it was the \"worst we've played all year\".

\"Geez, it was one of those nights,\" the lock said. \"Very frustrating. The roll of the ball just didn't seem to go our way. I don't want to take anything away from them, but we played poorly, really poorly.\"

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler was similarly at a loss to explain the poor showing.

\"I really thought we were ordinary,\" Hasler said.

What the hell are we going to do without BK next year. Complacency was our issueBEFORE he got here, I worry about footy POST BK. Make the guy forwards coach at all costs (in place of Roach).

I bloody well hope we get a leader type. Craig Fitzgibbon is starting to look like a good opportunity. But do we go for youth in someone like Creagh?

The issue of leadership is the most underated topic in any of the forums. Kennedy's inspiration & on field leadership will be missed more than most people think.

We raised this subject during last season and various propositions were made with even 2 captains sharing the role offered as a model.

At this point in time (aside from any suitable import) I would have to turn to Monas as best replacement for on-field motivation. The off-field duties are less important & less relevant in my mind.

yeah i worry about this also. We are only just starting to get a backbone and BK has only 15 or so weeks left in him. Winners stand up after a loss and say "we were ****" losers say something along the lines of "its the refs fault" or "we have had a bad week"

Manly are coming good in all aspects i hope we can keep it up

I don't know Jatz..I think a leader has to lead by example. I think a leader shoulf be playing for their country. I don't think monnas has the ability (heart yes, motivation yes) to lead us to a Premiership. Brent Kite and Beaver are too placid. Burns, Watmough, Stewart and co. are too young.

Maybe Bell?

That's why a player like Fitzgibbon would do us wonders...even if he DOES lack that ruthlessness.

tell u what if thats what we do when we are ordinary against one of the form teams, it speaks wonders of what we will do when we put it together.

We played ordinary there last year and lost by 62.

Not happy with the loss
but can see better days ahead/

tell u what if thats what we do when we are ordinary against one of the form teams, it speaks wonders of what we will do when we put it together.

We played ordinary there last year and lost by 62.

Not happy with the loss
but can see better days ahead/

spot on Cliffy,

to be "realistic" we where ordinary the last two weeks and managed to beat the premiers and just lose to a top side with no players backing up.

good to se we have grown out of the "rebuilding" era

having said that we really need a strong performance against the broncos at brookie this weekend, Locky not as dangerous when the Hunt option is not there, i think they have a few out ?

there is another thread with a list - 3 or 4 from memory, hunt, carrol and some others

we normally fire up at brookie againt the broncos and have a very good record there, with any luck the players will know this and try to continue the tradition.

A good crowd on sunday sure will help

We all have fingers crossed for this year. A miracle win against the Tiges when we looked gone, and a loss to the Sharks (huge improvement on last year) and you would say we are in the right position on the ladder. The next few weeks will show whether we have the heart to play a role.

The issue of leadership is a massive one for next year. BK has been the best move by the club and if not carefully planned for next year I think you can just about write us off completely to be a top contender. My thoughts are to look at the Ox's performance over the balance of the year, how he manages to stand up in some of the big games (this Sunday will be a great test) and look towards him being Captain if able to do the job. I just don't see any others that have that capability at the moment.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4