Assistant Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
With pre season training starting next Monday as anyone heard whether we will be appointing a new Assistant Coach or are we going to go with what we've got ?

Penna ?
Georgalias ?
Johns ?

manlywarringah said:
Please re-sign Andrew Johns.

The others I'm not sure about but an immortal on offer for our halves to learn off is INVALUABLE!

Andrew Johns has an amazing understanding of the game. He is able to break down film of a player and team better than almost anyone. Having him teach our young halves and provide a second set of eyes to Tooves helped massively with their development. Need to keep him on in some capacity. Don't really like the man but have a lot of respect for his ability and knowledge.

Agree . Johns must stay.

Just that with all the fanfare about increasing resources ect last week I would of expected some changes in this area if not an actual increase like a defensive or forwards coach.

Personally, I don't think we need Nathan Brown.
I think Brown will only go to another club for a first grade job and will try to entice our players to go across just like that dipstick Arthur.

There have been so many ex-Manly players that we can draw upon, who loves our club and will not stray.

Save the cash and say no to Brownie!

Ramrod said:
I think Brown will only go to another club for a first grade job and will try to entice our players to go across just like that dipstick Arthur.

There have been so many ex-Manly players that we can draw upon, who loves our club and will not stray.

I'm a St.Helens fan born and bred in the ESL, and obviously we've had Brownie for two years and I have to say that the only thing he brought that was good to us was that he recruited well. Very well. Now if what youre saying might happen happens leaving and trying to poach that is not a great skill for him to have from where we stand.

As a coach he didn't bring us outstanding attack or defence to be honest, and he always seemed lathargic which rubbed off on the players in many games where we got beat comfortably.

He did bring us the SL Premiership without any halfbacks though, for which we are all grateful, but rather than it being genius as some people have suggested, it was more down to him putting in an extremely simple game plan and the players giving a lot of heart in executing it.

Honestly agree with what you say, don't think it would be a good move for us to have him on board so he could eye another head coaching role especially when he doesn't bring too much to the table IMO.

Gib the Pom said:
Ramrod said:

I'm a St.Helens fan born and bred in the ESL, and obviously we've had Brownie for two years and I have to say that the only thing he brought that was good to us was that he recruited well. Very well. Now if what youre saying might happen happens leaving and trying to poach that is not a great skill for him to have from where we stand.

As a coach he didn't bring us outstanding attack or defence to be honest, and he always seemed lathargic which rubbed off on the players in many games where we got beat comfortably.

He did bring us the SL Premiership without any halfbacks though, for which we are all grateful, but rather than it being genius as some people have suggested, it was more down to him putting in an extremely simple game plan and the players giving a lot of heart in executing it.

Honestly agree with what you say, don't think it would be a good move for us to have him on board so he could eye another head coaching role especially when he doesn't bring too much to the table IMO.

Thank you for a very insightful comment.

So long as we dont sign up anyone as charismatic and charming as the great Brad Arthur!

Anthony Griffin would be my choice also. Knowledgeable, looks loyal, seems to have a great rapport with players and yes being one of DCE's Dads best mates can only improve our chances of keeping him.

Seems pretty calm also which would be a great foil for Toovey !!!

bones said:
I say bring in Anthony Griffin. He is mates with DCE's old man.
I'm not sold on Andrew Johns, and if what I hear is correct, neither is Kieran Foran.
One of the big success stories of Griffin's at the broncos was the rise of Ben Hunt. With that in mind, Griffin may be good for our halves as well.

Yes, yes & yes to that idea. Would be very welcome.

Tooves said in an interview last week that they are not looking at getting Brown. In the interview he seemed content with the current assistants.

We should be looking at someone technically minded, some one analytical, someone with the ability to de-construct a game after it is played and someone with 20/20 hindsight esp after a loss. Wish we had someone like that

manlyfan76 said:
We should be looking at someone technically minded, some one analytical, someone with the ability to de-construct a game after it is played and someone with 20/20 hindsight esp after a loss. Wish we had someone like that

I know someone who deconstructs games especially after "wins" spots the negatives and is known as a killjoy for doing so.

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7