Assist coach 2024 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So are we suddenly not allowed an opinion on here without getting attacked for it ???

Remember it’s an opinion forum , we are all different.

Play the ball not the man is the spirit of Silvertails.
What’s hilarious about the exchange you’ve quoted is that in it, biff double-quoted his own alt to have a go at you 😂

Last edited:
What’s hikarious about the exchange you’ve quoted is that in it, biff double-quoted his own alt to have a go at you 😂
No dramas with differing opinions , but as I say , play the ball not the man ( or woman ).

There’s a little too much of that on here lately , it’s no wonder many of the old crew no longer frequent.

Last edited:
In relation to assistant coach I doubt Toovey would consider it having already been a head coach , and we assume the hatchet would have had to be buried.

Assistants are wannabe head coaches or head coaches that have failed and are trying again.

As to the best one ??

Really no idea but you aren’t going to get an assistant who’s already in the role so it’s either a failed coach OR someone doing well in Reggie’s in Q Cup / NSW Cup.

Or someone from the ESL.

This seemed like as good a thread as any.

That stand in Dragons coach Ryan Carr.

He has been handed an absolute **** storm. But dam he has come across as super impressive.

A way more experienced senior figure may be a better fit for us. But he is certainly coming across as an up and coming gun.

I would prefer we developed an ‘up and coming gun’ from within.

Unfortunately (from the outside) it appears Des didn’t give his assistants much to do. Of course I could be wrong. But they had played for Manly.

Now we have a group of outsiders running the coaching show and if history is any guide, they won’t be there for long. So I think we need the relative longevity and certitude that comes from a Willey, Stanton, Fulton or Hasler as coach.

Of course it’s probably all a moot point whilst Penn controls proceedings.

I would prefer we developed an ‘up and coming gun’ from within.

Unfortunately (from the outside) it appears Des didn’t give his assistants much to do. Of course I could be wrong. But they had played for Manly.

Now we have a group of outsiders running the coaching show and if history is any guide, they won’t be there for long. So I think we need the relative longevity and certitude that comes from a Willey, Stanton, Fulton or Hasler as coach.

Of course it’s probably all a moot point whilst Penn controls proceedings.
Step up the prince or brookvale 🐍

Step up the prince or brookvale 🐍
I think his run in with law recently will cruel any chance of him taking over Flanno's job. Marty Ballin would be perfect, but he's entrenched within the Broncos and wants to live in Qld. I think we will probably sign Holbrook. After all, Spoony likes his coaches to be aspirational.

I am sure we have all heard Seibold discuss repeated how his assistant's at Brisbane probably didn't have the experience to help him in that **** storm he found himself in at Brisbane and why Flanno was the right man for the job at Manly.

Absolute respect, that after reflecting on where Seibold had short comings, and those of his assistants at the donkeys, Seibold then still goes and hires Peter Gentle as his recruitment man at Manly.

I am fine with this, he knows Pete’s strengths and weakness, it's not that he dislikes Pete as a person and only wants to throw him under the bus. He is still a good fit in certain positions

But If after all that has been said and done by Seibs about what he needs in an assistant.

If Gentle was to replace Flanno and once again becomes Seibs assistant.

The only rational conclusion you could draw, is our Administration are dead set setting Seibold up to fail isn't it!

Last edited:
SEA EAGLES DELIVER ANOTHER BLOW TO RUGBY

Manly have struck another blow in the fight against rugby union after strengthening their football department with the addition of one of Eddie Jones’ right-hand men.

The Sea Eagles have signed Wallabies strength and conditioning coach Jon Clarke to join their ranks once the World Cup is over, his recruitment coming on the back of several major player signings.

Clarke is a former rugby league player who spent more than a decade at the top of the game in Super League, including a stint alongside Manly coach Anthony Seibold at the London Broncos.

He also played three Tests for Great Britain before becoming a strength and conditioning coach. He worked alongside Jones at 2019 World Cup before joining him in the Wallabies set-up.

Seibold knew him through their time together with England and snuck under Jones’ guard to recruit Clarke — he will join Manly once his World Cup commitments are over later this year.

“I played with him a few years ago at London, but I also worked with him at English rugby,” Seibold said.

“He is a quality operator. He will be a big addition for us. For the last six years he has been with Eddie.

“When Eddie came across to the Wallabies, he wanted to bring him. So he has come across here. He has always had an ambition to come to the NRL — he used to talk to me about it when we worked together at English rugby.

“We did the deal with him well in advance of Eddie coming to the Wallabies. He will be a real good addition for us and you know what Eddie is like — he doesn’t suffer fools.”

In relation to assistant coach I doubt Toovey would consider it having already been a head coach , and we assume the hatchet would have had to be buried.

Assistants are wannabe head coaches or head coaches that have failed and are trying again.

As to the best one ??

Really no idea but you aren’t going to get an assistant who’s already in the role so it’s either a failed coach OR someone doing well in Reggie’s in Q Cup / NSW Cup.

Or someone from the ESL.
Old Mate in Reggie's Boulous is doing good job I feel getting results 💯

No dramas with differing opinions , but as I say , play the ball not the man ( or woman ).

There’s a little too much of that on here lately , it’s no wonder many of the old crew no longer frequent.

I have used the Ignore button a bit lately, previously used it twice in 10 years. Its a bit of a flogfest here lately.

And some of that "old crew" aren't missed either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8