Ashes Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glad I didn't stay home to watch.

Hughes has been given harsh treatment, much too early to dump him, especially for Watson.

Watson 62 not out, good call by the selectors.

Hughes has been figured out by the pommies and has some work to do now before he gets another crack.

Watson needs to be careful if he gets a hundred, he will break a rib lifting his bat to the crowd :)

Manou was a suprise but pretty much sounded like this was treated as a friendly type thing with all the rain

Still a good effort from Clarke and North to secure the draw.

England does seem to be a strange place the bowlers either demolish the batsman or get belted depending on whether the ball swings. Does not seem to be much seeming going on.

Siddle is under pressure for his spot from Lee/Clark, Flintoff in doubt as always, he will play no matter what IMO.

Ponting talks about momentum a lot but he always seems to lose it with his bowling changes, needs to lift his game in that department if we are to win a Test.

Id leave Hauritz in there, the other "spinners" have shown nothing, at least he is bowling at about 32 which is solid.

North is in there purely for his batting, i would have had serious thoughts about watson for him before the last test when trying to get watson in.

Wouldn't complain if Hauritz kept his spot, he is playing his role well.

Haddin coming back is a big boost to the batting.

Need to do the job with the ball. Ponting does not want to be the first Aussie Captain holding the Ashes to lose them twice. Pick Stu Clark for Siddle.

Wrong

The lot of us Haurits out for Clark

Piddle keeps his spot

Poms have harmy in for flintoff

2/22 after 9 so good start for us, especially as they have a short batting line up

oh and struass was lucky first ball from hilfy, inswinger hit on off looked like smashing leg to pieces

Right call to keep Johnson in.

He isnt back to where he was but he is getting it together much better.

Has the inswinger now and bowled some nice chin music and got bell off the shorter lenght to drop england to 3/39 with only 5 batsmen.

The next wicket gets us the wicket keeper Prior who prior to this (boom tish) had back spasms in the warmup soccer game

Clark makes it 4 bowlers 4 wickets

Collingwood gone for a duck

England 4/42

Cook has 26 of those

England lose cook for 30

Caught clarke, bowled clark

Aussies could not have hoped for a better start, 5/63 in the first session with 15 minutes to go, all the batsman out.

keep it up boys

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4