• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Good to see it was left to our youngest 3 players to come out and say they were ashamed of last week's performance.

While I appreciate that they did it, it shows the senior player leaders and coach up completely.

Should have come from coach and captain.

Link: ashamed
I would just like to hear some honest information from DESpicable.
What was his thinking behind picking the same side against Souffs that has been getting worse each week?
What is his strategy with the untried 11 in our roster?
Did the players let us down or was it the coaching and gameplan?
Where does the club go from here?
Memo DESpicable: We can handle the truth. We will continue to support the Sea Eagles long after you've turned out the dressing room lights.

What was his thinking behind picking the same side against Souffs that has been getting worse each week?
Memo DESpicable: We can handle the truth. We will continue to support the Sea Eagles long after you've turned out the dressing room lights.
Mind you it wouldn’t hurt the ‘journos’ to ask these kinds of questions.

But that doesn’t go with Des’ “siege mentality” or “under the radar” approach.Granted it has won him two premierships but has it garnered more members,more high end of town sponsorships,more positive stories in the media or better facilities for staff and players?The “world is against us” tactic doesn’t work in this day and age.They need to be more accessible,honest and embracing of fans and media

Mind you it wouldn’t hurt the ‘journos’ to ask these kinds of questions.
Budgewoi....the journos only care about the NRL darlings > Worms & Court Jesters. As long as they’re in the finals it’s all that matters. The NRL has the teams that they want in the finals & will do what they can to make it happen. Manly Sea Eagles don’t matter.......

A true journo would. But not the hacks we have today. Its a joke.
And always will be while the rights remain as they are. Nine is the free to air broadcaster and owns Nine newspapers so there'll be no analysis there, while Rupert's Fox broadcasts the rest and they have News Ltd titles and News Ltd has interests in actual teams! Talk about hokey.
I long for American standard sports journalism - they really do have some of the best.

Look, I’m sure the boys are utterly embarrassed by the nature of the flogging. It was a runaway train for most of the first half.
As long as they can come out with pride and effort next week, that will do me.
Lack of morale and self belief can be an evil mountain to climb. The harder you try, the worse things can tend to get.
Perhaps Des is setting the biggest culture test right now with half the squad. Their careers are on the line, so let’s see who are the last men standing, hook in to the next pre season, get some youth into the run on team and go from there.
I wish them all the best, they are all fine men.
Some just need to compete harder...or perish.

Thing is we have absolutely no clue about the inside goings on and that's how its always been with every club.

I do look at the roaster and think its 80% the past regime. perhaps there's a massive cull coming soon?

I do look at the roaster and think its 80% the past regime. perhaps there's a massive cull coming soon?
I think its interesting that Elliot, Levi, Waddell, T-Rex have all not been re-signed at this stage of the season, whilst others (incl. Keppie and Cust) have. If that's anything to go by, a big clean-out could be looming...

You would hope there is a decent clear out at the end of the year but who do you replace them with considering the money tied up in the big 3 contracts. My hope would be that Des and the recruitment team sign up a few of the juniors to 2-3 year deals (to tie us over till 2023 when DCE's
contract is up) so if they do fulfill their potential we have DCE's money to play with.

I'm not sure what the cap situation is for next season due to COVID but hopefully that doesn't limit anything.

I know Des inherited most of this team from TB and the mess of DCE's contract disaster from 2015 but just as Bellyache had his big 3 backed up with capable players doing their bit for the team, Des needs the right players across the park but needs to target speed on the wings ala JAC and Vunivalu.

This season has been a disaster both on and off the field (Fainu, injuries etc) but hopefully Des and his team have a long term game in mind which might not be seen by most of us (myself included) who demand instant success.

I don't demand instant success I'm looking for light at the end of the tunnel. Can't see any with our current selection philosophy.

What happened to club written match reports? I am a paid up member and basically get sent an email with the team list after it hits the media. The silence is deafening in 2020. The soufs game was horrific but I can't shake what I saw on the hill in the Penrith game also what I didn't see. There was a complete lack of energy, talk, commitment, pride, speed or creativity. And that was in the warm up. Add a lack of mongrel, startch or passion to the game performance. The biggest thing missing on the field was belief.

You know where I saw all of those things. In our two match day ballboys Schuster and thirdbro. They looked more upset than any of the players did each time the riff waltzed over.

Just saying. I would never challenge the toughness of anyone who plays league at any level. But we need our mojo back and nothing would make me happier than belting the scum this Sunday arvo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8