ASADA - Show Cause Notices

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Sky is reporting that Essendon Players have had these issued today. No detail on how many were issued.

But if these bureaucrats fck with the SOO, they will face the wrath of Blues Fans who have eight years of frustration brewing beneath our docile veneer :dodgy:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/asada-set-to-issue-51-players-with-drug-notices-20140612-3a0es.html

NRL officials are also bracing for the 18-month saga to be finally brought to a head, with speculation rife in recent days that 17 members of Cronulla's 2011 squad were set to receive show-cause notices. Fairfax Media has been told players from another club may also be sent the show-cause notices from ASADA. Lawyers for the players say they have not received any correspondence from ASADA but were aware of the speculation swirling around in league circles.

Hopefully not to take the shine off Origin, but I reckon this stuff is the main reason Bunji M didn't go to the Sharks.

I know a lot of that 17 aren't even at the Shire club now. It's still going to be potentially long-term grief for the Gummies.

Essendon have just lodged a Federal Court challenge to the vaidity of the ASADA joint investigation.

Lawyers at 10 paces :cool:

I think that ASADA are just wearing down the public slowly so that by the time suspensions are enforced our apathy will be most high and everyone will be moved on.

Cronulla players to receive their show-cause notices this Thursday or Friday would be ideal.

bones said:
Cronulla players to receive their show-cause notices this Thursday or Friday would be ideal.

Was thinking the same thing.

Although with the number of injuries they have all the players receiving notices are watching the game anyway.

Eagles2nv said:
bones said:

Was thinking the same thing.

Although with the number of injuries they have all the players receiving notices are watching the game anyway.

Quite a few aren't even there anymore.

Judging by the talk around Essendon in the AFL, all of this has the potential to roll on for years.

Unless players are offered dispensation and a nominal penalty (eg. 6 months) the process even now is only in the preliminary stage.

What a farking mess!

What you get when self-anointed ''sports scientists'' are given too much credence by otherwise intelligent and honorable men.

Isn't Wade Graham a 2011 Shark ?
Maybe the Knights are the other Club:cool:

Lets get on with it and clear the air for the unaffected 900 or so Players!

What year did Wade go to the Gummies?

( He was at Penrith...as was Sandor Earl ).

I think this is going to affect everyone for a long while yet!

2011 squad: Paul Aiton, Colin Best, Jason Bukuya, Andrew Clayton, Dean Collis, Josh Cordoba, Luke Douglas, Stuart Flanagan, Paul Gallen, Nathan Gardener, Isaac Gordon, Wade Graham, Trent Grubb, Albert Kelly, Kose Lelei, Ricky Leutele, Johnny Mannah, Stewart Mills, John Morris, Matt Parata, Ben Pomeroy, Scott Porter, Jeremy Smith, Tim Smith, Kade Snowden, Nathan Stapleton, Taulima Tautai, Ryan Tongia, Anthony Tupou, Siosaia Vave, John Williams, Broderick Wright, Matthew Wright.

Ins: Andrew Clayton, Colin Best, Jeremy Smith, John Williams, Kose Lelei, Ryan Tongia, Wade Graham.

Not great timing for Wade to join em was it?

But as we've said, very few guys are still there.

A few clubs like the Titans, Knights and Warriors have a couple of those guys possibly implicated now.

So its all enough to involve and distract more clubs than just the Sharks.

Thanks for that list too, HM.

eagles2win said:
There was a big rumour doing the rounds last year about the Roosters

There was a big rumour last Feb that all Australia's top sporting codes were rife with corruption, cheating and drugs.

HappilyManly said:
2011 squad: Paul Aiton, Colin Best, Jason Bukuya, Andrew Clayton, Dean Collis, Josh Cordoba, Luke Douglas, Stuart Flanagan, Paul Gallen, Nathan Gardener, Isaac Gordon, Wade Graham, Trent Grubb, Albert Kelly, Kose Lelei, Ricky Leutele, Johnny Mannah, Stewart Mills, John Morris, Matt Parata, Ben Pomeroy, Scott Porter, Jeremy Smith, Tim Smith, Kade Snowden, Nathan Stapleton, Taulima Tautai, Ryan Tongia, Anthony Tupou, Siosaia Vave, John Williams, Broderick Wright, Matthew Wright.

Ins: Andrew Clayton, Colin Best, Jeremy Smith, John Williams, Kose Lelei, Ryan Tongia, Wade Graham.

I didn't know Michael Ennis had a brother

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4