ASADA drop earl charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Just saw on TV that ASADA have dropped the trafficking charge against Shandy Earl. Did not mention the other charges. The greyest day in Australian sport.

Jesus, i wish this ASADA crap would just go away. They seem more confused than us.

Time to call it precisely what it was.
A giant political stunt by a most desperate Gillard government looking for any distraction under the sun to take the focus off their disunity and ineptness.
The blackest day in Australian sports... my bum.

How can we even begin to quantify the damage to some of the codes as a result of this concocted mega drama?

Last week they had a story from former boss of as asada who claimed it was a political stunt. He also said that the way it was handled severely hurt the investigation.

And so they should , that was crap charging him with that..

What happen to Penrith , who paid all his bills ???

I think Penrith are very lucky to get away with this issue...

I know Earl shouldnt of touched the stuff , but when the club and its doctors are recommending the treatment , whats a young kid suppose to do...

Biggest escape goat ive seen for awhile , and his future most probably in the sport has dissolved...

WAMF said:
Time to call it precisely what it was.
A giant political stunt by a most desperate Gillard government looking for any distraction under the sun to take the focus off their disunity and ineptness.
The blackest day in Australian sports... my bum.

How can we even begin to quantify the damage to some of the codes as a result of this concocted mega drama?

Completely agree WAMF.

What makes me laugh is the way various media organisations who feasted on this story for months and years and blew it up out of all proportion will now flip sides and attack the way it has been handled.

Where is the lynch mob now ?? Its gonna get worse before it gets better, charges are imminent, organised crime is involved, who's looking after our kids, horse drugs, carpark sales in the boot of the car, this is the biggest story ever...blah blah blah

Not naming any particular newspaper in particular....of course.

From memory the trafficking charge related to transporting the peptide in a car to a doctor to have the injection. (No pun on traffic intended!) There was never any hint that he had sold, traded, enticed others, or anything of that nature and it was a dumb charge in the first place.

Terrific article from Webster today looking at how the investigation was politicised from the beginning and lack of results:
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/richard-ings-joins-backflippers-as-darkest-day-in-australian-sport-becomes-a-giant-grey-area-20140602-zrutc.html

Has it even been established that the peptide Earl used (notice the different implications if I'd said "was injected with") was banned by ASADA regulations at the time? He had advice that it was good, and if it was Dank who was doing the advising I'd be willing to bet he knew exactly how close to sail to the wind. Dank and the Gazelle still seem to know more about ASADA/WADA regulations than any of the dickheads in charge.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2