Article re: Todd Barrow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kiwigirl

Reserve Grader
BACK ROW BID: Former Hawk Todd Barrow is training full-time with the Manly Sea Eagles’ NRL squad.

Barrow to bide his time
By OLIVER MURRAY
Tuesday, 10 January 2006

RUGBY LEAGUE
TODD Barrow is prepared to bide his time behind Manly's three representative back rowers if it leads to a shot in the National Rugby League down the track.

After linking with the Sea Eagles in November, Barrow is now training full-time with Manly's top squad.

But with Steve Menzies, Ben Kennedy and Anthony Watmough established top graders, Western Division lock Barrow knows chances could be slim this year.

"It's more a building year for me," said Barrow, who was the Group 10 leading point-scorer last year.

"I just want to learn as much as I can from the senior players."

Barrow played in the centres when he played Jersey Flegg with Balmain Tigers in 2003-04, but will be used in the back row at Manly.

"They said they're looking for a back rower with a bit of speed who can play the full 80 minutes," Barrow said.

"I've already put some weight on and have never been this fit before."

The 21-year-old returned to Orange in 2004 after injury hampered his second season with the Tigers, but wants to make the most of a second chance.

But Barrow does not want to get too far ahead of himself despite training with the likes of Matt Orford and Steve Bell at the Sea Eagles.

"I'd love to play first grade, but that's not really the aim this year," he said. "My goal is to cement a spot in the premier league starting team.

"I can't get ahead of myself. I have to prove myself in premier league before anything else."

Barrow suffered a pectoral muscle injury during a weights session in December, but was cleared to resume training when the Sea Eagles returned to pre-season training last week.

Former Hawks halfback James Mortimer is training with Manly's premier league side, while fullback Tim Mortimer and five-eighth Josh Nixon are with the Jersey Flegg outfit.

(Taken from the Central Western Daily today)

Great find KG, I put it up as a news artcile on the front page, hope that is OK

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4