Arko the legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sue

Bencher
At the Gold Coast Manly reunion. Biscuits and Arko spoke. 78 rememiscences. Was inspirational.

A few of Arkos thoughts

Has had nothing to do with the club for a while. Lyall Gorman rang him recently as an olive branch but he’s done. Disillusioned.

Spoke about his GF losses as players and coach and the joy of 72.

Jake will be one of our greats. Loves the guy.

He would have Trent on a bus to Wollongong. Couldn’t give a toss about him.Said the whole thing is a joke.His record is awful and he isn’t Manly.
Bring back Des and Tooves.
Jackson Hastings would have been run out of town

Biscuits getting old but they way he spoke about the 78 legends was sensational.

Whiz Martin was scathing about the club today and the lack of loyalty and tradition across the game.

Nice footnote. Tommy Mooney has recovered from golden staff and looking good.

Great day. A world from the mess we have now.

Last edited:
From the ashes this great club will again rise.
A further example of the club's former heart and soul dis illusioned by the Penns.

What we have now isn't Manly.

If you want your club back. If you want Toovey. Doney. Cliffy. Sorry. Biscuits. Arko. And given recent events most probably Bozo too. Then you need too.

#boothepennandzorbatoo

Give it to em.

Last edited:
Fatty Vautin was great too

6000 a year contract for 3years in 79. Unbelieveable. Might have been a clown but this bloke spilled blood for Manly.

Asked about state of game.

It’s f...cked. Athletes , not footballers now.

That’s the problem in a nutshell .

Hearing biscuits talk about Randall in that 78 run makes you realise what a legend he was. Should have been in hospital. 8 blokes from that side made the 78 tour. What a f...ing team.

Special guest Larry Corowa. Would be 100kg plus. Beat frogs eyes by 10 yards in a sprint at Leichhardt . Now that is quick !!

At the Gold Coast Manly reunion. Biscuits and Arko spoke. 78 rememiscences. Was inspirational.

A few of Arkos thoughts

Has had nothing to do with the club for a while. Lyall Gorman rang him recently as an olive branch but he’s done. Disillusioned.

He would have Trent on a bus to Wollongong. Couldn’t give a toss about him.Said the whole thing is a joke.His record is awful and he isn’t Manly.

Biscuits getting old but they way he spoke about the 78 legends was sensational.

Whiz Martin was scathing about the club today and the lack of loyalty and tradition across the game.

Nice footnote. Tommy Mooney has recovered from cancer and looking good

Is Wizz Martin Steve? The halfback?

If Manly could come back from the joint venture, then we will from a rookie coach :wait:

images

I remember our 70s like it was yesterday. So blessed to have witnessed Manly through these 5 decades :inlove:

Yep. Whiz plyed reserve grade for half the year in 78, He went on to win a gf .... and toured with kangaroos .. nice year !! That was the year Gibbsy failed his knee test and missed the tour.

Yep. Whiz plyed reserve grade for half the year in 78, He went on to win a gf .... and toured with kangaroos .. nice year !! That was the year Gibbsy failed his knee test and missed the tour.
He is a customer of mine.
And former Norths coach!

A few of Arkos thoughts

Nice footnote. Tommy Mooney has recovered from golden staff and looking good.

I imagine then that Arko will be one of ZtH’s next targets.

After all, Ken just criticised the mess that Zooba, Boozo and the blunt Penncils have created.

Wasn't that the year Gibbs did his hammy making a try-saving tackle late in the season? He got picked anyway for the Kangaroos but hardly played any games. Was never the same devastating attacker after that. I think we had 3 halves chosen in that touring team, Gibbs, Whizz and Thommo.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Gibbs was on the 1978 Kangaroo tour, playing in some of the club games. Just ask Mr Google.

He did have three great games in 1979 against Balmain, Easts and C-B at Brookvale. It was as though the team grew another set of legs.

Then he had a great 1981 season, basically untroubled by injury. In one game against Cronulla at Endeavour, he picked up a score of 10 from RLW.

Sadly the hamstrings caught up with him again in a 1982 trial game. I think it was the one against Easts. I don’t recall him playing another FG game until his retirement before the end of the 1983 season.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10