Arko says we deserve better. Take that Penn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If i were rich enough i would buy the Manly club, i would hand it over to Gerry Harvey to run and then Trent would have all the furniture he would want and i would let him go his hardest with the players. I wonder if that would make a difference. Maybe that's what we need to win games. FURNITURE i didn't think of that. Furniture is the key to success.Nah fook it i would rather success.

Could someone copy and paste the article?

Thanks in advance.

Manly Sea Eagles make another mistake by forcing Trent Barrett to stay as coach
October 3, 2018 3:48am
Mike ColmanThe Courier-Mail
LOOKS like Trent Barrett will have to put the desk and outdoor furniture back in the family station wagon and head over to Brookvale again.

And the missus and kids better get the brooms and mops out too.

The Sea Eagles aren’t finished with them yet.

Reports this week that Manly is forcing Barrett to work out his notice until July next year is the latest twist in a saga that exemplifies the sorry state of affairs at the one-time glamour club of the league.

Anyone who doesn’t think that Manly is as big a mess off the field as it so clearly was on the field this season has only to look at the way the club has handled Barrett’s departure.

f2771747268ef6038443607beed1adaa

Trent Barrett could be forced to say on at the Sea Eagles. Picture: AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts
Hiring an inexperienced coach was a big enough gamble in itself, without compounding the risk factor by hanging him out to dry with substandard facilities and inadequate support staff.

The once-proud Sea Eagles became a laughing stock when Barrett revealed the farcical situation of having to bring furniture from home to give him and the players somewhere to sit, and his wife and kids giving up their own time to clean the gym.

It all sounded almost too bizarre to be true, yet Manly boss Scott Penn never denied Barrett’s claims, other than to allege his coach had not acted “in the spirit of the club”.

Given that, you would think that Penn and the Manly board would want Barrett out of the club as soon as possible so they could get on with the job of putting the whole sorry experience behind them.

If reports that they are holding him until halfway through next year are true the question must be asked, why?

The only possible answer is spite and churlishness. They want to make him suffer and make it impossible for him to pick up a new job before the start of next season.

Regardless of their motives — and even regardless of whether the reports are in fact correct — the situation at Manly is of huge concern to long-time supporters and former greats of the club.

759c52f4dce1e5eb456c8411937e8437

The days of Geoff Toovey and Ken Arthurson are long gone at Manly.
A reunion of ex-Manly players held on the Gold Coast recently was by all reports a joyful and rollicking affair — except when the current state of the club was mentioned.

And no-one was more upset than the man once known as The Godfather of Manly, Ken Arthurson.

“I’m very concerned,” he said. “Of all the people you talk to no-one is more devastated than me. It’s not just what is happening on the field, it’s what is happening behind the scenes.

“People can say the team lost five games by less than seven points, but when you keep losing by small margins there’s always a problem. In those tight situations you have to defend with passion and passion comes from what is happening off the field.”

‘Arko’, the former Manly halfback and coach who was Chief Executive for 20 years said he would be stunned if the current administration held Barrett until the end of his notice period.

“That’s ridiculous. If the bloke wants to go, let him go. I thought it was all done and dusted. The names I heard as replacements were Michael McGuire and John Cartwright.

“Surely you’d just want to put a line through all this stuff and get on with things. I really feel for the supporters. They deserve better.”

your welcome.

I think they are calling his bluff to reduce the monies they have to pay. I'd say the Penn's have been burnt a little by the lost TPA case and don't want to throw more money at what is becoming an embarrassing and costly venture for them. They want him out as cheaply as they can get it. Though it will cost them one way or the other, to keep him on though would be devastating to the club. I cant see them pushing ahead with it if Barrett calls their bluff.

I wonder how Bozo the immortal administrator feels about this "removal" issue with his "immortal" pick as coach.
The dirt his team is being dragged through because of Twenty is appalling.

I think they are calling his bluff to reduce the monies they have to pay. I'd say the Penn's have been burnt a little by the lost TPA case and don't want to throw more money at what is becoming an embarrassing and costly venture for them. They want him out as cheaply as they can get it. Though it will cost them one way or the other, to keep him on though would be devastating to the club. I cant see them pushing ahead with it if Barrett calls their bluff.
If that’s the case, why don’t they sell the club to owners who are both willing and able to provide the necessary finance that the club needs to be successful. It’s all well and good to say “we love the club and put money into the joint from our own pockets” but if you’re not wealthy enough to ensure the club advances with the game, then sell it to someone who is. Penn is delusional if he thinks he can bring us back into glory by using his moneyball approach to things. Even the West’s Tigers are leaps and bounds ahead of us and that’s saying something.

If that’s the case, why don’t they sell the club to owners who are both willing and able to provide the necessary finance that the club needs to be successful. It’s all well and good to say “we love the club and put money into the joint from our own pockets” but if you’re not wealthy enough to ensure the club advances with the game, then sell it to someone who is. Penn is delusional if he thinks he can bring us back into glory by using his moneyball approach to things. Even the West’s Tigers are leaps and bounds ahead of us and that’s saying something.
For the future of the club they have to sell, if they don't then the downward spiral can only continue. They either don't have the money to spend or are just too cheap. I guess it's ego or lack of a buyer that stops them selling.

Let's not forget that Arko supported Tooves' sacking. I remember the article and thread about that in here very well. He was in agreement with the Penns, Bozo et al that Tooves needed to go. He needs to take ownership of that fact and the piss poor position the club's in at the moment.

Manly in demand

Despite Manly being a basket case of a club, there are a number of consortiums waiting in the wings to buy the Sea Eagles. The word is that major sponsor, United Resources Management, tried to buy out the Penn family to take control. The offer is believed to have been knocked back.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...-fans-not-just-win-games-20181020-p50ayo.html

Of course, it will be football first, but the Manly club is on the nose with a large number of fans who complain to this columnist.......

By Danny Weidler

Does anybody even know one Manly fan that would complain to that stick of ****?

edit: Plus how old is that piece of 'news'?

Not far off the mark though....

Plenty on here "have given up on the Sea Eagles because of the politics or people involved".

Anyone reading through Silvertails would get that impression.

YEAH WELL THAT WASN'T MY POINT!

lol

wine is awesome

1) I can't see anyone complaining to that carrot smoocher
2) There's more to Manly fans than this site
3) I was listening to "Bad to the bone" on youtube and then Bad to the bone came on TV!!!!
4) It was the end credits to Stephen King's "Christine" The first movie to use that song!
5) Why wasn't there a Christine 2 made?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8