Arko praises courage of Toovey's side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
He has proved to be without peer as a judge of rugby league talent and Sea Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson has lavished praise on Geoff Toovey's sideahead of Sunday's grand final against the Roosters.

"I think they are probably one of the most courageous and certainly the most brave team I have seen for many a long day", Arthurson said.

Read More

He has proved to be without peer as a judge of rugby league talent and Sea Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson has lavished praise on Geoff Toovey's sideahead of Sunday's grand final against the Roosters.

"I think they are probably one of the most courageous and certainly the most brave team I have seen for many a long day," Arthurson said.

"They just don't know how to give in and they just keep coming back at you."

Arthurson, who turned 84 on Tuesday and is still as sharp as he ever was, said he was very proud of them.

"I think they are a terrific side," he said.

Ken Arthurson has heaped praise on the courage of players like Matt Ballin.

Ken Arthurson has heaped praise on the courage of players like Matt Ballin. Source: Getty Images

Arthurson is also delighted to see the job that Toovey has done since replacing Des Hasler as head coach.

"I spoke very much in favour of appointing him in the first place, I made no secret of the fact that he was the man for the job," Arthurson said.

"And he has proven that he has been."

Arthurson will miss the grand final as he will be in Palm Springs near Los Angeles attending the wedding of his daughter Megan.

"The arrangement was made that long ago and the grand final is never usually this late, it is always last weekend," he said.

"But my heart will be there and I certainly will be there in spirit," he said

"I will be there every inch of the way with them."

It will only be the second grand final that he has missed in 60 odd years.

He believes there are two key elements that will get Manly across the line on Sunday.

"Their will to win and their determination to do if for each other- quite apart from the fact that they are very talented players," he said.

Jon Geddes The Manly Daily
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/competitions/sea-eagles-godfather-ken-arthurson-praises-courage-of-toovey8217s-side/story-fngy6zez-1226732429762

The Godfather has spoken !!!
He believes there are two key elements that will get Manly across the line on Sunday.

"Their will to win and their determination to do if for each other- quite apart from the fact that they are very talented players," he said.

A bit late since it was on Tuesday.....but happy birthday to The Godfather. This club wouldn't be what it is today without Arko's years of tireless work.

The young ones might not know of this Manly elder statesman he held the club together for many years in good and bad and correct the club what it is today.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4