Arko nominates Zorba as possible candidate for CEO position

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Mata will be pleased to read this article. lol

Lowe wants job
JASON AVEDISSIAN

FORMER Manly coach Graham Lowe says he is ready to ``shift over tonight'' to take on the vacant Sea Eagles chief executive job.

Lowe, 59, lives in Auckland and runs a car importing business.

He said he was prepared to relocate to the peninsula immediately and fill the role vacated suddenly by Pat Wilson yesterday morning.

Lowe, who coached Manly for three years and retired in 1993 due to ill health, was overlooked for the job last year when the club appointed Wilson.

``If the club wants me I'd love to do it,'' Lowe told The Manly Daily last night. ``I'd shift over there tonight - that's how keen I am to be involved.

``There are some good things going on with the club and I want to be a part of it. I suppose, when I look at my career, that (CEO) is the next step.''

The father of four, including two-year- old twins, says he is not affected by the poor health that led to premature retirement 13 years ago. ``I feel like I'm 28,'' Lowe said.

The Manly board will meet this morning to discuss Wilson's replacement.

It is believed former CEO Paul Cummings will be interim boss from Monday.

The Daily understands that Wilson's last day will be April 28.

Manly godfather Ken Arthurson wants the Sea Eagles to replace Wilson with someone who has "close ties" to the club.

Arthurson lives on the Gold Coast and has no official role at Manly but tentatively nominated Premier League coach Geoff Toovey and media manager Peter Peters as possible candidates for the high-profile CEO job.

"It's come as a shock to me," Arthurson said of Wilson's decision to quit.

"But I have a lot of faith with the organisation. We've got plenty of people who have the capability of doing the job.

"All successes over the years, in coaching, administration, have always happened from within.

"People who have been with the club have got the passion, the emotion required to be with the club.

"In saying that Pat Wilson is certainly a good man and I wish him well. The world will go on and I don't think it's going to have an ill effect on the club or team."

Toovey said yesterday he had not been approached and was not ready to take on the job now.

"I would be interested down the track," he said.

Peters said he was touched by Arthurson's recommendation but had not been approached.

"I respect Ken greatly but I haven't considered the position," he said.

The club hope to have a full-time replacement for Wilson by July.

* Manly fullback Brett Stewart is in serious doubt for the Sea Eagles round seven match with the Bulldogs at Telstra Stadium on Sunday.

Winger Chris Hicks is likely to replace Stewart. Forward Kylie Leuluai (knee) is out for up to six weeks. Coach Des Hasler has named a six-man bench for Sunday's match.

They need a business man to take the reigns not an ex footballer without formal business qualifications. I vote Toovey as the replacement with Lowe running second but over all I vote Joe Cross

Lowe doesnt sound too bad , has some business experience and certainly a passion for the club.

Tooves doesnt sound like he wants it.

Zorba - please no.

Joe Cross would be a fine candidate.

I like the idea of lowe for one reason - he is currently not part of the club so may be able to implement change, the others are more likely to carry on up the kyber

I like the Lowe option for two reasons,

1. As stated he is not currently involved in the club, therefore may be able to effect much needed changes.

2. May be able to have a word in Des's ear on how to be a decent coach!

I am hoping they bring in an outsider. If the culture is to change and grow it can't be someone inside.

Zorba would be a massively retrograde step. Tooves is surely not at this point in his career.

I believe it should be someone from outside and with a good knowledge of RL. Our club just has, unfortunately, a history of in-fighting and factions and it would be preferred to have another shot at a clean broom imo.

Back in 87 ,we had this great ball boy ,he never made it past under 17,s ,but since then ,he has turned into quite the orange slicer -he must be a shoe in .....or fatso the greek.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4