Area's to improve 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Not to turn it into "Critics Corner, but being honest, what area's do you see Manly can/should, or you would like in 2021?

Just 1 area we seemed to really run 2nd in MOST games in 2020 and arguably the MOST vital area imo - The play the ball...
Seemed very slow and almost sloppy at times.
Starting with the contact, often came out even, or actually better than the defenders, yet after a sluggish wrestle, the defender seemed to win the race to feet which gives acsendency as to winning the play ball....not sure if it's enthusiasm/energy or the sides train so much in this area, (which includes Manly) no doubt....but they spend more time in this area, or execute it better ?

1. Defense (most importantly);
2. Play the ball speed (agree);
3. Speed in all aspects (too pedestrian and matter of fact last season).

I DO think the added depth will push the fringe pplayers to produce more.

Yes there wasn’t much competition for spots last year it was a bit more of “ hands up if you think you’ll get through next weeks game “

Fingers crossed that’s not the case this season.

From an earlier thread, a good post relating to this topic

I would like to see more long distance tries. I can't remember too many of them in 2020 although we conceded plenty. It was apparent when we lost Turbo through injury that we lacked pace and penetration. Having grown up watching Manly's style of play in the 1960s and 70s when we had fast, skilful backs that scored many tries by chancing their arms from their own tryline, 2020 was an abomination.
The one long distance try that sticks in my memory from 2020 was that scored by Miski, and it was really an individual effort as he beat a number of defenders. Ironic, isn't it, that he was moved on when in his fleeting opportunities in First Grade he excelled?
Now, whether you can blame our lack of backline flair in 2020 on the players, or the coach's 'safety first' game plan, is worthy of debate.

Areas to improve
CHARACTER AND RESILIENCE
Once we had a few injuries and Adversity set in we capitulated

The record 56 to 16 loss to the rabbits was not made from the Legendary Manly spirit
We were a team without character and resilience
NSW cup team playing against an NRL team

WE MUST LIFT AND FLY LIKE REAL SEA EAGLES IN 2021

Last edited:
Last tackle kick options. Hopefully Des has Foran, Schuster, Cust and Croker all practising both long kicks to find the ground and short kicks in the red zone to take pressure off DCE.
Speading the ball early in the tackle count so that our new wingers and Suli and Walker get more chances to attack.

Areas to improve
CHARACTER AND RESILIENCE
Once we had a few injuries and Adversity set in we capitulated

The record 56 to 16 loss to the rabbits was not made from the Legendary Manly spirit
We were a team without character and resilience
NSW cup team playing against an NRL team

WE MUST LIFT AND FLY LIKE REAL SEA EAGLES IN 2021

Bozo is 100% right on the improvements required in character and resilience, across the whole team, for 2021.

Too often in 2020 we appeared to just pack it in under pressure, and capitulate way too easily as a team.

If we stop leaking points and turning over possession (which in turns leads to leaking more points) I'll be happy. And I know 2020 was a disjointed year, lots of injuries, etc, but we were so far off the pace of the rest of the competition it wasn't funny. Don't underestimate just how much improvement we'll require.

Area to improve on - haircuts :giggle:

10449266-501A-43E6-A93D-41CF30EE8F41.jpeg

Our kicking game was atrocious this year. Very few repeat sets and hardly any tries from kicks (least in league ??) Long kicking game very inconsistent and I seriously got sick of seeing those nothing midfield bombs. Very poor in that department, hopefully Foran and Schuster might bring something to the table because we were D- in kicking.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8