Area of concern

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Our bench is not pulling its weight.

We are playing a hugely physical style and some of our pack are no spring chickens. This cannot go on indefinetely, especially seeing as our bench contributres very little.

Do we have the least used, and most innefective bench in the NRL?

Is it possible that we have one of the ebst starting packs but we have to have them on the field most of the time to taste success? This could really hurt at rep time given that at least 4 players can reasonably expect representative jerseys.

Consider:

Rose, whilst injured played very little.
Williamson only comes on for the last twenty minutes which means we must rely on being in front on the scoreboard.
Bryant is the only real contributor.
Dunley - our weakest link. Gives away dumb penalties and we look better on the field when Monaghan is there.

My solutions (and I sound like a stuck record):

Replace Willo with Cuthbertson who gives us more strike and will need experiences as he will be called upon in the rep season.

Replace Dunley with Ballin.

If Rose is out his weekend who comes onto the bench? Deadwood? Curtis? Who will be our second prop?

Agree Mata.

Alternatively, Cuthbo for Willo & Rose/Lulu for Dunley. That way Cuthbo can give the backrowers a rest if needed and we have more size on our bench.

With Monas as an 80 minute player? That has merit. It feels as though we waste 2 interchanges getting Dunley on and off.

my bench: Cuthbo, Willo, Bryant, Rose/Lulu.

Willo can relieve Monas at hooker if he needs a rest. When Monas comes back on give one of the backrow a rest and put Willo into the pack for his final 20 min tackling fest, effectively saving an interchange.

Willo's greatest asset is his versatility. He would be much more useful off the bench if we used it.

Willo can relieve Monas at hooker if he needs a rest. When Monas comes back on give one of the backrow a rest and put Willo into the pack for his final 20 min tackling fest, effectively saving an interchange.

Willo's greatest asset is his versatility. He would be much more useful off the bench if we used it.
gees mate u cant post stuff like that Garts will get all excited :dance:

Cliffy im a fan of the occasional homosexual joke but you have to pick your time. You just cant be using it willy nilly or it just becomes tiresome :naughty:

[quote author=The Gronk]

gees mate u cant post stuff like that Garts will get all excited :dance:
[/quote]

Maybe this is better:

Willo should come on (for) Monas when he gets pulled off!! :blaugh:

when Monas goes off... our play starts to get disrupted.. Im not saying Monas is the reason for our good shape.. but i think when Dunley comes on hes got a massive difference in his style of play... He doesnt supply ball.. he scoots from dummy half and the team gets all unsettled.

Send him backto Parramatta.

when Monas goes off... our play starts to get disrupted.. Im not saying Monas is the reason for our good shape.. but i think when Dunley comes on hes got a massive difference in his style of play... He doesnt supply ball.. he scoots from dummy half and the team gets all unsettled.

Send him backto Parramatta.
I have to agree with this. We all love the metres Dunley gets but thats it. Its metreage only and the downside.....well.

It sure begs the question, would we be better off with an 80 minute Monas. At this juncture I say yes.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6