Are you listening Des?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Not sure if anyone has brought it up already or even heard it but I thought Ange Postecogolou set a fine example for all coaches across all sports...in particular Hasler at the current time.

After announcing he's leaving Brisbane Roar... Postecogolou was asked if he'd take players to his next club. He said he had too much respect for Brisbane and won't be poaching their players. It's not his style. Are you listening Des?

Ange and Des are great coaches in their fields but what sets them apart is Postecogolou has CLASS.

Blowfly said:
Not sure if anyone has brought it up already or even heard it but I thought Ange Postecogolou set a fine example for all coaches across all sports...in particular Hasler at the current time.

After announcing he's leaving Brisbane Roar... Postecogolou was asked if he'd take players to his next club. He said he had too much respect for Brisbane and won't be poaching their players. It's not his style. Are you listening Des?

Ange and Des are great coaches in their fields but what sets them apart is Postecogolou has CLASS.

Des thinks he owns them, not the Manly club who pays them.

Des gives the player the option - it is up to them if they go or not

All this Des taking players is crap. Players have free will and choice (not forgetting Des is trying to build another successful team) to choose where they play

No players have even left yet, WTF is this all about

http://files.sharenator.com/wtf_is_this_****_the_post_of_reposts-s400x297-231018-580.jpg

Daniel said:
No players have even left yet, WTF is this all about

Not sure where I wrote that a player had left already so before you get all aggressive...let me explain more clearly.

I was merely pointing out that Postecogolou stated he wouldn't even attempt to sign his former players whereas Hasler is doing his darndest.

I'm sorry if you can't see that I was trying to point out the differences between the two in similar circumstances.

Why do people get so touchy on this site when people start some threads. It's a wonder anyone bothers at all sometimes.

Ease up. We are all Manly fans and want the best for our club.

hardly agressive, but all the hype about Des is just fan driven hype. No players have left, and everything else is innuendo.
The club hardly let him leave on good terms as he was fired, how was he meant to show anymore class than simply saying "ok" and leaving, as he did

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/ken-arthurson-is-told-that-des-hasler-has-tried-luring-manly-players-and-staff-to-canterbury-bankstown/story-e6frf3ou-1226191196916

Des gave his word to go B2B on a number of public occasions, even though he had signed in July to go to the Dogs.:mad:

Des now gives his word to Arko that he will not entice Manly Players to leave.:dodgy:

Interesting to see how 'Sorry' ended up a 'Sorry Mess' .

I'm with Blowfly Dan. It did come across aggressive. May not have been intended, but that's how I interpreted it too.

That said - nothing has happened yet. All these people we are talking about are adults. They can all make their own decisions. Even the coaching staff that have left, can make their own decisions and did. No-one held a gun to their heads.

As I said on the "Foran" thread, everything up until now has been based on rumours.

So I guess what I am asking Blowfly - based on facts - what has Des done wrong thus far?

Blowfly said:
Why do people get so touchy on this site when people start some threads. It's a wonder anyone bothers at all sometimes.
Probably so touchy because every fan wants to create there own thread for the same topic.
Read the existing threads and add to it.
Daniel is right. No players have left yet. So it is not the end of the world
The only annoying thing is that Foran and trex technically aren't without a contract. They just have ways out of there existing contracts. My opinion is des should leave them alone until they are genuinely on the market. I hope the club learns from these stupid out clauses.
Enjoy Anzac day and relax.

I'm not being aggressive, I am being dominant

cesar.jpg

bahahaha

You would be testy too if you had to work on ANZAC day

By the way, I was not intending to be aggressive. I am sorry you took it that way

Daniel said:
By the way, I was not intending to be aggressive. I am sorry you took it that way

No worries at all Daniel.

I too am working ANZAC Day and understand your pain. hahaha

Looking forward to that first schooner in about four hours. ;-)

In defense of many Sea Eagle fans, the angst directed at Hasler is based on feelings of hurt and betrayal.
I'm sure most people aren't just being d**kheads here. Emotions are clouding peoples' judgement.
We didn't get to enjoy an amazing GF win. The media certainly took care of this.
Of course Des isn't to blame for a lot of things he's linked to, but there are facts out there about Dessie's actions as well.
On top of that the media is currently publishing hype about Manly fans directing hate at Hasler, while the bulldogs club started the latest wave by printing T.shirts stating Catch a train, we've got your coach and, Be Manly be a bulldog.
Top that with all the players to the bullogs speculation and it's no wonder fans are a bit edgy atm.
Being a fan means 100% loyalty to your club. Being a coach or player means chasing the highest dollar and this fact is hard to digest for some.
Anyway, enough crapping on. Happy Anzac Day and Go Manly!

Blowfly said:
Daniel said:

No worries at all Daniel.

I too am working ANZAC Day and understand your pain. hahaha

Looking forward to that first schooner in about four hours. ;-)

I'll be here until 6. I am on call and wouldn't you believe my luck, a client in the US has a system down :(

If I can fix it in an hour or so I'll be off for some two-up at the RSL

Cameron said:
Wolfpack said:
Blowfly said:
Postecogolou has CLASS.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah!

:lol:

Look whose being a jealous little Sydney FC fan hey princess ;)

Not jealous at all mate. Ange is a tard anyway & we all know that no tards are allowed at SFC.

With that said, Ange can still hold his head higher than Des. At least he is leaving to go back to his ancestral home in Tardistan.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4