Are We Guilty of Having Fat Officials

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd think Melbourne would be the main ones he's talking about there because the coach & players publicly said they wanted him but the board knocked it back.

All to true CW however I don't think it was the ongoing board issue's and infighting alone that caused last year’s problems for manly, there were a couple of other factors there that shock the team up as a whole.

Mason brings it upon himself, he got a contract with the cowgirls and could have been gracious and not said anything (suck it up you peanut) yet time and time again he was once again critical that no official wanted to touch him or be associated with him, what does he expect.

Sometimes you just need to learn and bite your tongue for the good of all.

It is these kind of comments that make the "fat officials" stay away from him. It's not so much his off field behaviour that is a worry, it is the disregard he has for authority and those that are in charge that could cause potential problems.

Just another example of Willie Mason not being man enough to accept responsibility for his actions. It's always someone else's fault....in this case "fat businessmen". This article just proves to me we made the right decision by passing on him.

Personally, if Willie called Melinda Gainsford and Jack Elsgood fat and useless to their face I'd fancy their chances in an ensuing melee. 

I don't know who in particular he was referring to, but 'fat businessmen' is also just a cliche or figure of speech, as in big-shot fat-cat businessmen sitting back and raking in the dough generated by other people's labour or ideas. I suspect Willy has got some degree of a bad rap from the media, he is easy to depict as a cartoon-style buffoon simply because he is a bit non-conformist and out-there  - and because he intimidates by his very size. If he was a jockey would he be lauded as a wag and a great character? I am pleased I can watch his progress in Nth Qld instead of with us, a better arrangement all round imo.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I saw part of the interview on the news, was clearly aimed at the Roosters board
I saw the interview too but was distracted by how weirdly shaped his jaw is.  Even in North Queensland he looks like a mutant.  Steroids?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182416.msg251451#msg251451 date=1265787429]
I saw part of the interview on the news, was clearly aimed at the Roosters board
I saw the interview too but was distracted by how weirdly shaped his jaw is.  Even in North Queensland he looks like a mutant.  Steroids?
[/quote]
Hard to say. I tried to enhance my jaw with steroids but they just made my nose bigger.

FED-UP NRL chief executive David Gallop has put Willie Mason squarely back in his box over the controversial forward's bizarre tirade about "fat businessmen" costing him a contract - telling him yesterday: "You just don't get it."

Gallop said he was stunned by Mason's claims at his first press conference since joining the Cowboys that ill-informed directors at other NRL clubs had kyboshed his attempt to find somewhere else to play after the Roosters had decided to cut him adrift with one year remaining on his contract.

So bemused was Gallop, he phoned Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr to express his dissatisfaction. Parr told Gallop he was "appalled" - although Parr refused to confirm that last night.

"His [Mason's] comments demonstrate that he fundamentally doesn't get it - still," Gallop said.

"The fact is that people who sit on football club boards accept personal liability for the club's financial position and he needs to have a better appreciation of that," Gallop added. "The level of accountability that directors have is something he should wake up to."

Gallop called Parr as soon as he learnt of Mason's remarks on Tuesday and also said he would be concerned if others had advised Mason to lash out as he did.

"If he's been encouraged to have that view by people in football clubs who aren't on the board, then that is very alarming," Gallop said. "I've spoken to Peter Parr, who was equally appalled.

"He told me that he'd spoken to Willie about it. The Cowboys are a great example of a club that has directors who put their heart and soul into the joint."

Parr was tightlipped about the comments when contacted last night. "I've had a conversation with Willie about it," he said.

"What was said remains between him and me.

"But I conveyed to Willie what David had to say."

And Willie's response went something like,
"yudda yudda yudda, rack off will ya, I'm about to hit the clubs with JT"

Mason is a dribbler, but you I do love someone you actually says whats on their mind!! How many " one game at a time" "back to the drawing board" "I'm happy with their decision" etc quotes are we going to hear again this year??

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2